How to print ranges in Excel?
By default, the Microsoft Excel will print the whole worksheet. Sometimes we only need to print some specific ranges instead of the whole worksheet for saving paper and printer ink. Here I will talk about how to print multiple cell ranges in Microsoft Excel.
In Microsoft Excel, we can set print area to print only selected cell ranges in active worksheet with following steps:
1. Hold down the Ctrl key to select the non-contiguous ranges.
2. Click Page Layout > Print Area > Set Print Area, see screenshot:
3. Then the selected ranges will be surrounded by a dotted line, and then click File > Print to start printing the ranges one by one.
1. This Set Print Area command only allows you to select and print cell ranges in the active worksheet. If you switch to another worksheet, the previous set print areas will be cleared.
2. All selected non-contiguous print areas are separated with page breaks. Each range will be printed into one page, which may waste a lot of paper and printer ink.
3. If you need add another cell ranges into the print area, you can select the cells ranges firstly, and then click the Add to Print Area command item. As well, you can release the selected ranges by clicking Clear Print Area. See following screenshot:
With Excel’s Camera tool, you are able to take snapshots of multiple selected ranges. And you can place them in one page.
By default, the Camera tool is not present on the ribbon, you need add it on the Excel Quick Access Toolbar, please do as follows:
1. Go to Quick Access Toolbar and from the small drop down button, click More Commands.
2. In the Excel Options dialog box, under the Choose commands from drop down list, select All Commands, and then scroll down to find Camera, select it and click Add>> button, the camera has been added in the right list box, see screenshot:
3. Then click OK, the camera button has been inserted on the Quick Access Toolbar, see screenshot:
Then you can use the camera tool to take the snapshots for the selected ranges.
1. Select the range that you want to take a picture of.
2. Click the Camera tool. The mouse pointer changes to a thin plus sign.
3. Change to a different worksheet you want to put the range, and click where you want the top left-hand corner of the picture to appear. The picture is inserted as a graphic on the worksheet.
4. Then repeat the above steps to put the ranges into the worksheet as graphics, and you can resize them as you need. See screenshot:
5. And then you can click File > Print to print the selected ranges into one page.
Note: The pictures are dynamic, meaning that if the contents of the original ranges are changed, the values in the picture are changed as well.
The Kutools for Excel provide us with Print Multiple Selection Wizard tool, which will help us quickly print multiple ranges together. What's more, this tool makes it possible to set print ranges from different worksheets, and helps us minimize print area greatly to save print paper and printer ink.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as following steps:
1. Click Enterprise > Printing Tools > Print Multiple Selection Wizard, see screenshot:
2. On the step 1 of the Print Multiple Selection Wizard, click button to select the range that you want to print one by one, after you have selected all the ranges you need, the ranges are listed in the list box, and you click button to remove the ranges you don’t need. See screenshots:
3. Click Next button to go to the step 2 of the wizard, specify the print settings as you need, you can use the Excel default settings, use the current worksheet settings or you can specify the new print settings that you want. Moreover, you can add a blank row between ranges by checking the Add a blank row between ranges option.
4. Go to the step 3 of the wizard by clicking Next button, specify the action for the temporary worksheet:
- Active the worksheet, but don’t print it: If you check this option, the multiple selections will be copied and pasted to a new worksheet as a linked picture objects, and the new worksheet will be active, but won’t be printed.
- Print the worksheet, and keep it: If you check this option, the new worksheet you created will be opened and printed at the same time.
- Print the worksheet, then delete it: If you check this option, the new worksheet you created will be printed, and then will be deleted.
5. Click Finish button, all of the ranges you selected have been pasted into a new worksheet as a linked picture objects. And you can rearrange them in the worksheet. When you print, the ranges will be printed into one single page which can help you save the print paper and printer ink. See screenshot:
For more detailed information abouto Print Multiple Selection Wizard, please visit Print Multiple Selection Wizard feature.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!