How to change negative numbers to positive in Excel?
When you are processing operations in Excel, sometimes, you may need to change the negative numbers to the positive numbers or vice versa. Are there any quick tricks you can apply for changing negative numbers to positive? This article will introduce you the following tricks for converting all negative numbers to positive or vice versa easily.
Change negative to positive numbers with Paste special function;
Good for all Excel starters, but too many steps.
Using VBA code to convert all negative numbers of a range to positive;
Good for Excel advanced users, but too complicated.
Quickly and easily change negative numbers to positive with Kutools for Excel.
Good for all Excel users, and too easy. Free Download Now
Change negative to positive numbers with Paste special function
You can change the negative numbers to positive numbers with following steps:
1. Enter number -1 in a blank cell, copy it, then select the negative numbers, if the negative cells are not adjacent, select the first negative one, then hold Ctrl key, and select the others.
2. After selecting all of the negative numbers, Right-click to pop out the Right-click menu and click Paste Special… from the menu. See screenshot:
3. And a Paste special dialog box will be displayed, select All option from Paste, select Multiply option from Operation, click OK. See screenshot:
4. The all selected negative numbers will be converted into positive numbers. Delete the number -1 as you need. See screenshot:
Using VBA code to convert all negative numbers of a range to positive
As an Excel professional, also you can run the VBA code to change the negative numbers to positive numbers.
1. Select the range which containing the negative numbers you want to convert into positive, then click Developer > Visual Basic.
2. There will be a new window displayed. Click Insert > Module, then input the following codes in the module:
Dim Cel As Range
For Each Cel In Selection
If IsNumeric(Cel.Value) Then
Cel.Value = Abs(Cel.Value)
3. Then click button to run application, and all negative numbers will be changed to positive numbers. See screenshot:
Quickly and easily change negative numbers to positive with Kutools for Excel
Most of Excel users don’t want to use VBA code, are there any quick tricks for changing the negative numbers into positive? Kutools for excel can help you easily and comfortably to achieve this.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 120 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.
After installing Kutools for excel, you can change negative numbers to positive numbers quickly.
1. Select a range include the negative numbers you want to change, and click Kutools > Content > Change Sign of Values.
2. Check Change all negative values to positive under Operation, and Click Ok. See screenshot:
3. You will see all negative numbers change to positive numbers as shown as below:
Note: With this utility, you also can fix trailing negative signs, change all positive numbers to negative, reverse the sign of all values and change all negative values to zero.
Fore more detailed information about Change Sign of Values, please visit Change sign of Values feature.
Click to Download and free trial Kutools for Excel Now !
Demo: Change negative numbers to positive or vice versa with Kutools for Excel
Change positive numbers to negative
Reverse signs of values in cells
Fix trailing negative signs in cells
Change negative number to zero
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...