How to change values in a cell range in Excel?
Supposing you need to add or subtract $35 to each product price in Excel, how should you do? We will talk about some methods to quickly change values in a cell range without using a formula.
In this example, we will demonstrate how to add $35 to each product price without using a formula according to the following steps:
1. Tap the number 35 in any blank cell and copy it.
2. Select the range that you want to change values and right-click, and then choose Paste special… from the menu. See screenshot:
3. Select All option from Paste, and click Add option from Operation in the Paste Special dialog box. See screenshot:
4. Click OK, and all values of the range will be added 35.
By using the Paste Special command, you can change values in a range by the Add, Subtract, Multiply and Divide operation to change values in a range without using a formula. But if you want to apply the Rounding, exponentiation, using a custom expression or function operation to change values in a range, the Paste Special command can’t help you. Is there a quick way to change the values in a range easily? Well, Kutools for Excel’s Operation Tools is the tool you should try.
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can change the values in cells quickly with Operation Tools.
Please apply this utility by clicking Kutools > More > Operation Tools, see screenshot:
Step 1. Select the range you want to work with.
Step 2. Click Kutools > More > Operation Tools, a popup dialog will be displayed.
Step 3. Select the operation you want to carry out, and enter the value you need in the box, you will see the result in the left Preview. See screenshot:
Step 4. Click Ok or Apply to change the values in the range. See screenshot:
1. If you want to show the formula in the formula bar, check Create formula in the Operation Tools dialog.
2. If you want to skip formula cells in you range, check Skip formula cells in the Operation Tools dialog.
By applying Operation Tools in Kutools for Excel, you also can carry out multiple operations in the range, such as rounding, division, function and so on.
For more information about Operation tools, please visit Operation tools feature description.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!