How to insert random (integer) numbers between two numbers without repeats in Excel?
Do you need to insert random numbers in Microsoft Excel? There are several methods to insert random numbers in a range as follows:
This method will apply the RAND function and RANDBETWEEN function to insert random numbers between two numbers into a specified range in Excel. Please view below formulas:
|=RAND()||A random number between 0 and 1 (varies)|
|=RAND()*100||A random number between 0 and 100 (varies)|
|=RANDBETWEEN(low, high)||A random integral number between two given integer numbers, such as RANDBETWEEN(50, 100).|
See below screenshots:
|Random numbers between 0 and 1
|Random numbers between 0 and 100
|Random integer numbers between 50 and 100
Below VBA can help you insert any random integer numbers or random numbers with given decimal places into a specified range in Excel. Please do as follows:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module window.
Public Function RandomNumbers(Num1 As Long, Num2 As Long, Optional Decimals As Integer) 'Update20131113 Application.Volatile Randomize If IsMissing(Decimals) Or Decimals = 0 Then RandomNumbers = Int((Num2 + 1 - Num1) * Rnd + Num1) Else RandomNumbers = Round((Num2 - Num1) * Rnd + Num1, Decimals) End If End Function
3. Save and close the code, then in a blank cell, input this formula =RandomNumbers(X,Y,Z), X indicates the lower limit of the numbers, Y indicates the higher limit of the numbers, and Z is the specified decimal places of random numbers.
For example, I want to generate some whole numbers between 50 and 1000, I can insert this formula =randomnumbers (50,1000,0); and insert random numbers between 50 and 100 with 2 decimal places with this formula =randomnumbers (50,100,2). See below screenshots:
Kutools for Excel's Insert Random Data makes it possible to insert random integral numbers between two numbers without duplicates into selected range in Excel. Please do as follows:
2. In the Insert Random Data dialog box, (1) click Integer tab, (2) In the From and To boxes type the number range you will generate random whole numbers between, (3) check the Unique Values option, (4) and click the Ok button. See screenshot:
This fantastic Insert Random Data feature also supports to insert random dates without repeats, random time without duplicates, random characters, and random data from certain custom list without repeats as well.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!