How to synchronize all worksheets of the workbook with same range selected in Excel?
When we use an excel workbook, sometimes, we need to select the same ranges of multiple worksheets in a workbook and synchronize them to look at the information easily and conveniently. The following methods will make you synchronize worksheets to have the same ranges in a workbook quickly and easily.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can make all worksheets to have the same range selected in a workbook as follows:
1. Select a range in the active worksheet you want to select in all worksheets. For example the range A103:C112
2. Then right-clicks on the worksheet tab, and choose Select All Sheets from the menu. See screenshot:
3. All the worksheets in the workbook will have the same range be selected.
Note: to select same range in all worksheets with this way, it can only select the same range in all worksheets, but it cannot display all the selected ranges in the same position of the window.
Using the following VBA code, you can quickly make all worksheets to have same range selected and display the selected range in the same position of the window.
1. Select a range in one worksheet, and then click Developer >Visual Basic, a new Microsoft Visual Basic for applications window will be displayed,
2. click Insert > Module, and then copy and paste the following codes in the module:
VBA: synchronize all worksheets of a workbook
Sub SynchSheets() 'Update 20130912 Dim WorkShts As Worksheet Dim sht As Worksheet Dim Top As Long Dim Left As Long Dim RngAddress As String Application.ScreenUpdating = False Set WorkShts = Application.ActiveSheet Top = Application.ActiveWindow.ScrollRow Left = Application.ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn RngAddress = Application.ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Address For Each sht In Application.Worksheets If sht.Visible Then sht.Activate sht.Range(RngAddress).Select ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = Top ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = Left End If Next sht WorkShts.Activate Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Then click button or F5 key to execute the code, all of the worksheets will have the same range be selected and display the selected ranges in the same position of window.
If you have installed Kutools for Excel, you can use the Synchronize Worksheets feature to easily synchronize all worksheets to have the same range as follows:
1. Active a worksheet and select the range that you want to use.
2. Click Enterprise > Worksheet Tools > Synchronize Worksheets, see screenshot:
3. And a prompt box pops out to remind you all worksheets within the workbook will have the same selected range and upper left cell.
4. Then click OK, all the workseets have been synchronized, when you navigating between all worksheets, each worksheets have the same range will be selected. See screenshots:
Note: If you check Don’t show me next time in the Synchronize Worksheets prompt box, this box will not appear when you apply this feature next time.
For more detailed information about Synchronize Worksheets, please visit here.