To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agoYes. Yes it does. Enter "-1" in a cell. Copy that cell. Highlight all the values whose sign you wish to flip. Opt-Cmd-V opens paste special dialog box, choose multiply from the Operations section (I also find it beneficial to choose "values" in the Paste Section rather than "all" to preserve any formatting).
How to reverse signs of values in cells in Excel?
When we use excel, there are both positive and negative numbers in a worksheet. Supposing we need to change the positive numbers to negative and vice versa. Of course, we can change them manually, but if there are hundreds of numbers need to be changed, this method is not a good choice. Are there any quick tricks to solve this problem?
Reverse the sign of all numbers:
Kutools for Excel’s Change Sign of Values utility can help you to change the positive numbers to negative and vice versa, it also can help you to reverse the sign of the values and fix trailing negative sign to normal.
Kutools for Excel: with more than 200 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download and free trial Now!
We can reverse the sign of values in cells with the Paste Special function in Excel, please do as follows:
1. Tap number -1 in a blank cell and copy it.
2. Select the range that you want to reverse the sign of values, right-click and choose Paste Special. See screenshot:
3. In the Paste Special dialog box, click All options from Paste and Multiply option from Operation. See screenshot:
4. Then click OK, and all of the signs of the numbers in the range have been reversed.
5. Delete the number -1 as you need.
Also, we can use a VBA code to reverse the sign of values in cells. But we must know how to get the VBA to do the thing. We can do it as the following steps:
1. Select the range you want to reverse the sign of values in cells.
2. Click Developer > Visual Basic in Excel, a new Microsoft Visual Basic for applications window will be displayed, or using the shortcut keys (Alt+F11) to active it. Then click Insert > Module, and then copy and paste the following VBA code:
Sub Convert() Dim C As Range For Each C In Selection C.Value = -C.Value Next C End Sub
3. Then click button to run the code. And the sign of numbers in the selected range have been reversed at once.
We can reverse the sign of values quickly with Change Sign of Values feature of Kutools for Excel.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 120 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1. Select the range that you want to reverse the signs of the numbers.
2. Click Kutools > Content > Change Sign of Values…, see screenshot:
3. In the Change Sign of Values dialog box, check the Reverse the sign of all values, see screenshot:
4. And then click OK or Apply. All of the signs of the numbers have been reversed.
The Change Sign of Values of Kutools for Excel can also fix trailing negative signs, change all negative values to positive and change all positive values to negative. For more detailed information about Change Sign of Values, please visit Change Sign of Values feature description.
- Change negative numbers to positive
- Change positive numbers to negative
- Fix trailing negative signs in cells
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoI have a mac version of excel and the paste special doesn't allow me to do that :-/ dying.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThx Bro for the useful thread
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThank you so much, Sir. You helped me a lot. I hope I can return the favor. Thank you so much.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agothank you
i had just posted in the SUN system with the srong month. this has helped me to reverse all the 195 entries within 7 minutes...
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoFrom my perspective it seems there is no foolproof way to simply remove a negative sign:
Multiplying by -1 can screw up subsequent cell values if each one is using a formula.
VBA requires saving in a different format.
Kutools requires you to download/purchase an add-on.
You can format a column to show negatives as positives, but it turns the font Red.