How to list all comments to a new worksheet or workbook in Excel?
If you have workbook with too many comments in it, and you want to list all comments to a new worksheet or workbook for reviewing all comments, how can ou do? The following methods can help you quickly list all comments of a worksheet / workbook to a new worksheet or workbook in Excel.
The following VBA code will list all comments to a new worksheet in current workbook. In the new worksheet, it will list all comments of the whole workbook in a list with the sheet name, cell address, comment contents and cell name. Please use this method as follows:
1. Click Developer > Visual Basic, it displays the Microsoft Visual Basic for applications window. And click Insert > Module, and then input the following VBA codes in the Module.
VBA: lists all comments in a new worksheet.
Sub ShowCommentsAllSheets() 'Update 20140508 Dim commrange As Range Dim rng As Range Dim ws As Worksheet Dim newWs As Worksheet Set newWs = Application.Worksheets.Add newWs.Range("A1").Resize(1, 4).Value = Array("Sheet", "Address", "Value", "Comment") Application.ScreenUpdating = False On Error Resume Next For Each ws In Application.ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets Set commrange = ws.Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeComments) If Not commrange Is Nothing Then i = newWs.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row For Each rng In commrange i = i + 1 newWs.Cells(i, 1).Resize(1, 4).Value = Array(ws.Name, rng.Address, rng.Value, rng.Comment.Text) Next End If Set commrange = Nothing Next newWs.Cells.WrapText = False Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
2. Then click button to run the code, and you will get a new worksheet with all the comments in the current workbook. See screenshot:
With the Create Comment List of Kutools for Excel, you can quickly list all comments to a new worksheet or a new workbook.
1. If you have installed Kutools for Excel, click Kutools > More > Create Comment List, see screenshot:
2. In the Create Comment List dialog box:
- Select the scope that you want to list the comment, you can choose Active sheet or All sheets.
- Then specify the location that you want to put the comments list, you can list the comments in a new workbook or a new sheet, see screenshot:
3. And then click Createbutton. A new worksheet will be added to list all the active worksheet comments with its attributes such as sheet name, cell references, row and column. See screenshot:
For more detailed information about Create Comment List, please visit Create Comment List feature description.
- Change all comment formats in cells
- Change all comments' author name
- Find and replace text within comments
- Show or hide all comments and comment indicators in Excel
- Convert cell contents to comments in Excel
- Convert comments to cell contents in Excel
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!