How to quickly convert/change text to upper cases in Microsoft Excel?
This article is going to talk about some tips about how to change text strings to all uppercase letters easily in Microsoft Excel.
- Change text strings to uppercase in Excel with UPPER function?
- Change text strings to uppercase in Excel with VBA
- Change text strings to uppercase in Excel with Kutools for Excel
Supposing you need to change text strings in A1:A5 to uppercase letters, see the following screen shots:
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
Using Microsoft Excel's upper function is easy to change text strings to uppercase letters in one cell.
Enter =UPPER(A1) in Cell C1, and press Enter key. Then the content of "change case" in Cell A1 is copied and changed to "CHANGE CASE" in Cell C1. See screen shot:
Select the Cell C1, and you can copy the formula to other cells by dragging at bottom-right corner and dropping down to other cells.
There is a VBA code can help you to change the text string to uppercase in Excel.
1. Press Alt + F11 to display the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the window, click Insert > Module to show a new module window, then copy the following VBA code into the module window.
VBA: Change text string to uppercase in Excel.
Sub UCase() 'Upadateby20140701 Dim Rng As Range Dim WorkRng As Range On Error Resume Next xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set WorkRng = Application.Selection Set WorkRng = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleId, WorkRng.Address, Type:=8) For Each Rng In WorkRng Rng.Value = VBA.UCase(Rng.Value) Next End Sub
3. Then click Run button, and a dialog pops out for you to select a range to change text string to uppercase. See screenshot:
4. After selecting, click OK. All the text string in the selection will be changed to uppercase.
Kutools for Excel's Change Case tool can help you all text strings or letters to uppercase letters in a range of Microsoft Excel.
Step 1: Select the range in which you will change text strings to uppercase letters.
Step 2: Click the Kutools > Text Tools > Change Case…. See screen shot:
Step 3: In Change Case dialog box, check the UPPER CASE option, and click OK or Apply button. See screen shot:
Then you will see that all text strings in selection are changed to uppercase letters. See screenshot:
- Change case of text 2007 and 2010
- Change text strings to sentence case
- Change uppercase to lowercase
- Change uppercase to proper or title case
Recommended Productivity Tools
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoThe VBA was freaking awesome thanks a lot :lol: .
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoThis is one the ways that i know it could be done with VBA
Sub UPPER ()
Dim Addrr As Atring
Addr = Intersect(ActiveSheet.UsedRange, Selection).Address
Range(Addr) = _
Evaluate("IF(LEN(" & Addr & "),UPPER(" & Addr & "),"""")")