How to quickly convert/change text to upper cases in Microsoft Excel?
This article is going to talk about some tips about how to change text strings to all uppercase letters easily in Microsoft Excel.
- Change text strings to uppercase in Excel with UPPER function?
- Change text strings to uppercase in Excel with VBA
- Change text strings to uppercase in Excel with Kutools for Excel
Supposing you need to change text strings in A1:A5 to uppercase letters, see the following screen shots:
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Using Microsoft Excel's upper function is easy to change text strings to uppercase letters in one cell.
Enter =UPPER(A1) in Cell C1, and press Enter key. Then the content of "change case" in Cell A1 is copied and changed to "CHANGE CASE" in Cell C1. See screen shot:
Select the Cell C1, and you can copy the formula to other cells by dragging at bottom-right corner and dropping down to other cells.
There is a VBA code can help you to change the text string to uppercase in Excel.
1. Press Alt + F11 to display the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the window, click Insert > Module to show a new module window, then copy the following VBA code into the module window.
VBA: Change text string to uppercase in Excel.
Sub UCase() 'Upadateby20140701 Dim Rng As Range Dim WorkRng As Range On Error Resume Next xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set WorkRng = Application.Selection Set WorkRng = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleId, WorkRng.Address, Type:=8) For Each Rng In WorkRng Rng.Value = VBA.UCase(Rng.Value) Next End Sub
3. Then click Run button, and a dialog pops out for you to select a range to change text string to uppercase. See screenshot:
4. After selecting, click OK. All the text string in the selection will be changed to uppercase.
Kutools for Excel's Change Case tool can help you all text strings or letters to uppercase letters in a range of Microsoft Excel.
Step 1: Select the range in which you will change text strings to uppercase letters.
Step 2: Click the Kutools > Text Tools > Change Case…. See screen shot:
Step 3: In Change Case dialog box, check the UPPER CASE option, and click OK or Apply button. See screen shot:
Then you will see that all text strings in selection are changed to uppercase letters. See screenshot:
- Change case of text 2007 and 2010
- Change text strings to sentence case
- Change uppercase to lowercase
- Change uppercase to proper or title case
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoThe VBA was freaking awesome thanks a lot :lol: .
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoThis is one the ways that i know it could be done with VBA
Sub UPPER ()
Dim Addrr As Atring
Addr = Intersect(ActiveSheet.UsedRange, Selection).Address
Range(Addr) = _
Evaluate("IF(LEN(" & Addr & "),UPPER(" & Addr & "),"""")")