Now I want to multiply the maximum of close numbers( the nos which are very close to each other) by a no. for example:
311 x A1,
748 x A2,
& 1001 x A3
how should I proceed ?
Supposing you have a range of numbers, and now you want to multiply them by a number 8.7, do you have any effective and quick methods to deal with this task?
Excel provides a quick way to apply a mathematical operation on a range of cells. You can use the Paste Special function to multiply a range of cells by a number as follows:
1. Input the number 8.7 into a blank cell and copy it.
2. Select the range that you want to multiply a value, and click Home > Paste > Paste Special. See screenshot below:
3. In the Paste Special dialog box, click All option in the Paste section, and click Multiply option in the Operation section, and click the OK button. See screenshot above:
And the selected range will be multiplied by the number 8.7. See screenshot below:
Apart from the Paste Special feature, we can also apply a formula to Multiply a range of cells with the same number in Excel. Please do as follows:
1. Select a blank cell, says Cell E1, and type the formula =A1*$D$1 (A1 is the first cell of the range you will multiply with the same number, D1 is the cell with the specified number you will multiply with) into it, and press the Enter key.
2. Drag Cell E1's AutoFill handle right to Cell G1, and then drag down to the Cell G8. See screenshot above.
And now each cell in the specified range (A1:C8 in our case) are multiplied by 8.7 at once.
The Operations feature of Kutools for Excel can quickly apply various kinds of mathematical operations to a range of cells without using a formula. You can use it to multiply a range of cells by a number as follows.
Kutools for Excel - Combines More Than 120 Advanced Functions and Tools for Microsoft Excel
1. Select the range that you want to multiply a value, and click Kutools > More > Operation, see screenshot:
2. In the Operation Tools dialog box, choose Multiplication from Operation box, and enter the number 8.7 into the Operand box, and click the Ok button. See screenshot:
Note: If you want to create formulas as well, you can check Create formulas option. If the selected cells include formulas, and you don’t want to multiply the calculated results of formulas, please check Skip formula cells option. See screenshot:
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful: