How to convert various unit measurements in cells in Excel?
You may need to convert between different unit measurements in cells now and then, such as convert meter to yard, pound mass to ounce mass, etc. This article will introduce some tricky things about how to quickly convert between various unit measurements in Excel.
- Convert between various unit measurements in Excel with Convert function
- Convert between various unit measurements in Excel with Kutools for Excel
Provided that you measure distance with meter as in the following table, and you need to convert those values’ unit measurement into yard.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Using Convert function to convert one unit measurement to another unit measurement in Excel, it’s a little complicated.
Step 1: Enter the formula of =CONVERT(A1,"m","yd") in a blank cell, and press Enter key. In this case, we enter it in Cell E1. Then you will see the 212 meter is converted to 231.846 yard and fill the Cell E1.
Step 2: Select the Range of E1: G5, which contains same size as A1:C5.
Step 3: Click the Home > File > Down / Right.
Then you will see the unit measurement of all data in A1:C5 is converted to yard, and fill the E1:G5.
Note: In the formula, you must use the right shortening of measurements. For example, you can use the "yd" but not the "yard", "lbm" but not the "Pound mass", etc. You can find out the right shortenings in the following web page:
For most starter users of Microsoft Excel, it's hard to remember the exact shortening of all measurements, and might have problems to apply the Convert function. Kutools for Excel's Unit Conversion tools is able to convert between various unit measurements quickly.
Step 1: Select a range you want to work woth.
Step 2: Click the Kutools > Content Converter > Unit Conversion…. See screenshot:
Step 3. Specify the unit style in the drop-down box of Unit, and then select source unit in the left box, converted unit in the right box, and you will see the result in the Preview box. See screenshot:
Step 4. Click Ok or Apply.
Then you will see the measurement of all data in A1:C5 is converted to yard, and fill the selected Result range.
Note: If you want to keep the source unit in the cells and show results in the comment, you can check Add results as comment. See screenshot:
Kutools for Excel's Unit Conversion tool can quickly convert measurements from one unit to another in your Excel, including Angle, Bits bytes, Distance, Energy, Force, Source, Volume, Mass, Liquid, Time and Temperature. Click to know more…
- Convert currencies
- Convert between dollars, pounds, euros
- Convert feet to inches, miles, and meters
- Convert time measurement between hour, minutes, seconds, or day
- Convert birthdate to age
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 11 months agoThe URL above that shows the proper abbreviations for the various units of measurement is a broken link. Here is the new or updated link on the Microsoft website to see the various measurement units available:
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoHow to convert MM to CM
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 19 days agomilli = 10^-3, centi = 10^-2, millimeter --> centimeter would me multiplying by 10.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoyour mum gay