Excel: How to auto complete cells from another table
In this tutorial, it is talking about how to auto complete other column cells from a table in another sheet after entering one column value.
Take an instance, in sheet1, table1 contains names, numbers, ages, sex, and scores, go to sheet2, table2 is blank but with the same column headers as the table in sheet1, type a number which in table1 into table2, then the related names, ages, sex, and scores will be auto completed as below screenshot shown:
Note: the methods provided in this tutorial are tested in Excel 2021, there may be some different in different Excel verisions.
Auto complete cells from another table
For solving this job, you can combine INDEX function and MATCH function to create a formula. Select a cell that you want to auto-fill the related contents based on the value entered in column A, and copy and paste the below formula:
Reedit the formula as your real need.
|In the formula,
Sheet1! A$2:$E$10 is the table range (table 1 excludes headers) which you want to auto complete contents based on;
A2 is the cell that you enter value and is used to search the related values;
Sheet1!$A$2:$A$10,0 is the range in table 1 that is used to search the value you entered in table 2;
B1 is the column header of the value you entered in table 2;
Sheet1!$A$1:$E$1 is the header ranges in table 1.
Press Enter key to get the first related value, then drag the auto-fill handle right to get all related values based on the A2.
Then drag the auto-fill handle down to the end of table 2, and the error values #N/A are displayed.
When you type values in column A, the error values will be replaced with the correct related values.
Other Operations (Articles)
How To Reduce Excel File Size?
Sometimes, it will take minutes to open or save if the Excel file is too large. For solving this problem, here in this tutorial, it tells you how to reduce the Excel file size by removing the contents or formats which are unnecessary or never used.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns and Keeping Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows and Sum/Average... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Favorite and Quickly Insert Formulas, Ranges, Charts and Pictures; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- Pivot Table Grouping by week number, day of week and more... Show Unlocked, Locked Cells by different colors; Highlight Cells That Have Formula/Name...
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!
Please leave your comments in English