How to insert attachment file into cell in Excel?
Have you ever tried to insert other files (Pdf file, Word file, etc.) into Excel worksheet, so that you can share more comprehensive information with other people? In this article, I will talk about how to insert and handle your attachments better in Excel?
In Excel, it is simple to insert some attachment files by using the Insert Object feature. With this feature, you can embed the file directly into a worksheet, or insert a link of the attachment, or create a new object as you need.
1. Click a cell where you want to insert the attachment file, and then click Insert tab, in the Text group, click Object, see screenshot:
2. In the popped-out Object dialog box, click Create from File tab, and then click Browse button, see screenshot:
3. In the following Browse window, please select the attachment file that you want to insert into the worksheet, see screenshot:
4. Then click Insert button, the selected file will be inserted into the worksheet at once. And you can double click the embed file to get into the editing mode.
By using this Inert Object feature, you can also create a new object based on another program. For example, to add a more detailed explanation for your data, you can create an embedded document, such as a Word or PowerPoint file.
1. Click a cell for inserting the object, and then click Insert tab, in the Text group, click Object.
2. In the Object dialog box, click the Create New tab, and then select the type of object you want to insert from the Object type list box, see screenshot:
3. Click OK button to close the dialog. Now, an attachment file is inserted into the worksheet, and a new program window opens or an editing window appears within Excel. Finally, you can create the contents into the file. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!