How to get the selected value of a slicer and list in a cell in Excel?
Suppose you have created a pivot table and a slicer for controlling the pivot table. Now you need to output the selected values from the slicer to a specified cell as below screenshot shown. How do you achieve this? In this tutorial, we provide a trick to help you accomplish this task.
Get the selected value of a slicer and list in a cell
Please do as follows to output the selected items from the slicer to a specified cell.
1. Click on any cell in the pivot table, press the Ctrl + A keys to select the whole pivot table. Then press the Ctrl + C keys to copy it.
2. Paste the selected pivot table to a new place by selecting a cell and pressing the Ctrl + V keys.
3. Now you need to adjust the newly created pivot table so that its values are the same as the values in the slicer.
4. Right click on the Grand Total cell in the newly created pivot table and select Remove Grand Total in the context menu.
5. Click on any cell in the newly created pivot table, and then click Analyze > Field Headers to hide the field header.
Now only values are displayed in the newly created pivot table.
6. Select a cell (say B2 in this case) where you want to output the selected values in the slicer. Enter the following formula into it and press the Enter key to get the result.
Note: In the formula, G:G is the column containing the values in the newly created pivot table. And this TEXTJOIN function is only available in Office 365, Excel 2019 and later versions.
From now on, when values are selected in the slicer, they will be output to the specified cell immediately.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!