How to subtract a number from a range of cells in excel?
If you want to subtract a number such as 99 from a range of cells in Excel, how can you quickly subtract the number and get the calculated results?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
With this method, you can do as the following steps:
1. Insert the number 99 into a blank cell and copy it.
2. Highlight the range that you would like to subtract the number from, and click Home > Paste > Paste Special. See screenshot below:.
3.In the Paste Special dialog box, select All option in the Paste section, check Subtract option in the Operation section, and click the OK button. See screenshot above:
The specified number 99 has been subtracted from the range of cells. And then delete the number 99.
Here a simple formula also can help you. Take the above data for example:
1. In cell C1, input the formula: =A1-99 (99 is a variable, it can be replaced by other numbers as you need), and press the Enter key,
2. Keep the Cell C1 selected, and drag its AutoFill handle to the range as you need. And then all cells are extracted 99. See screenshot above.
3. As calculating results are formulas, you can copy these formulas cells, select a blank cell, right click and select the Values (V) to replace the formulas with their calculated results. See screenshot:
With Kutools for Excel, you can not only apply the add, subtract, multiply, divide operation, but also can apply some complex calculation, such as rounding, exponentiation, custom expression or function operation.
If you have installed Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1．Select the range you want to subtract a number, and click Kutools > More > Operation Tools，see screenshot:
2. In the Operation Tools dialog box, select Subtraction from Operation, input the number 99 in the Operand box, and then click OK or Apply.
And then the range of cells will be subtracted by the number 99. See screenshot:
Note: If you want to create formulas as well, you can check Create formulas option. If the selected cells include formulas, and you don’t want to subtract the calculated results of formulas, please check Skip formula cells option.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoI have set up a Bank statement on my Excel program. I want to subtract the 1st total, add the 2nd total and that will equal my total.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoI want to get the total by subtracting the number in the first column by the number in the second column, including both the numbers. Is there any formula?
I hope you could understand my question.
Anticipating your answer / reply.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoI want to find the remaining total. I have a number of units reported defective= 10 (column A). I have accepted 3 (column B) or I have scrapped 3 (column C) now I want to show the remaining quantity. How do I write the formula?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHi,
If you need to make complex calculations for one or multiple numbers, you can apply Kutools for Excel’s Operation tool. In the operation Tools dialog box, specify the operation as Custom, and then type your formula in the Operand box.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoI NEED TO FIND PERCENTAGE FOR A VALUE IN EXCEL
HOW SHOULD I APPLY THE FORMULA IN EXCEL
PLS HELP ME
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoI have a number like 500 and i have a tall list like , 20, 10, 50, 70, 90 and i will input in more data as when items are requested. i want a formula that will automatically subtract from the 500 any time a request is made. for example Mr. A requested 50 today so the difference now will be 450. if Mr. B also request 50 tomorrow i want excel to automatically deduct it from the stock of 500 and give me 400.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoi want to Subtraction with formula like as use product witch use continue many number of multiply, sach as any formula of Subtraction.Sach as
Not use one by one to be continue.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agosubratction through column