Not use one by one to be continue.
If you want to subtract a number such as 99 from a range of cells in Excel, how can you quickly subtract the number and get the calculated results?
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
With this method, you can do as the following steps:
1. Insert the number 99 into a blank cell and copy it.
2. Highlight the range that you would like to subtract the number from, and click Home > Paste > Paste Special. See screenshot below:.
3.In the Paste Special dialog box, select All option in the Paste section, check Subtract option in the Operation section, and click the OK button. See screenshot above:
The specified number 99 has been subtracted from the range of cells. And then delete the number 99.
Here a simple formula also can help you. Take the above data for example:
1. In cell C1, input the formula: =A1-99 (99 is a variable, it can be replaced by other numbers as you need), and press the Enter key,
2. Keep the Cell C1 selected, and drag its AutoFill handle to the range as you need. And then all cells are extracted 99. See screenshot above.
3. As calculating results are formulas, you can copy these formulas cells, select a blank cell, right click and select the Values (V) to replace the formulas with their calculated results. See screenshot:
With Kutools for Excel, you can not only apply the add, subtract, multiply, divide operation, but also can apply some complex calculation, such as rounding, exponentiation, custom expression or function operation.
Kutools for Excel - Combines more than 300 Advanced Functions and Tools for Microsoft Excel
If you have installed Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1．Select the range you want to subtract a number, and click Kutools > More > Operation Tools，see screenshot:
2. In the Operation Tools dialog box, select Subtraction from Operation, input the number 99 in the Operand box, and then click OK or Apply.
And then the range of cells will be subtracted by the number 99. See screenshot:
Note: If you want to create formulas as well, you can check Create formulas option. If the selected cells include formulas, and you don’t want to subtract the calculated results of formulas, please check Skip formula cells option.