How to subtract a number from a range of cells in excel?
If you want to subtract a number such as 99 from a range of cells in Excel, how can you quickly subtract the number and get the calculated results?
Recommended Productivity ToolsOffice Tab: Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: 200 new features for Excel, make Excel much easy and powerful, increase productivity immediately.
With this method, you can do as the following steps:
1. Insert the number 99 into a blank cell and copy it.
2. Highlight the range that you would like to subtract the number from, and click Home > Paste > Paste Special. See screenshot below:.
3.In the Paste Special dialog box, select All option in the Paste section, check Subtract option in the Operation section, and click the OK button. See screenshot above:
The specified number 99 has been subtracted from the range of cells. And then delete the number 99.
Here a simple formula also can help you. Take the above data for example:
1. In cell C1, input the formula: =A1-99 (99 is a variable, it can be replaced by other numbers as you need), and press the Enter key,
2. Keep the Cell C1 selected, and drag its AutoFill handle to the range as you need. And then all cells are extracted 99. See screenshot above.
3. As calculating results are formulas, you can copy these formulas cells, select a blank cell, right click and select the Values (V) to replace the formulas with their calculated results. See screenshot:
With Kutools for Excel, you can not only apply the add, subtract, multiply, divide operation, but also can apply some complex calculation, such as rounding, exponentiation, custom expression or function operation.
Kutools for Excel - Combines More Than 120 Advanced Functions and Tools for Microsoft Excel
If you have installed Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1．Select the range you want to subtract a number, and click Kutools > More > Operation Tools，see screenshot:
2. In the Operation Tools dialog box, select Subtraction from Operation, input the number 99 in the Operand box, and then click OK or Apply.
And then the range of cells will be subtracted by the number 99. See screenshot:
Note: If you want to create formulas as well, you can check Create formulas option. If the selected cells include formulas, and you don’t want to subtract the calculated results of formulas, please check Skip formula cells option.
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...