How to convert comments to cell contents in Excel?
Supposing I have a range cells filled with comments in a worksheet, and now, I want to convert all of the comments to cell contents so that I can print them neatly and roundly. Are there any good ways to solve this task?
Recommended Excel Productivity Tools
By using this method, you need to create a defined function first, and then apply the defined formula to convert the comments to cell contents. You can finish it as the following steps:
1.Click Developer > Visual Basic, a new Microsoft Visual Basic for applications window will be displayed, click Insert > Module, and input the following function into the Module:
Function GetComments(pRng As Range) As String 'Updateby20140509 If Not pRng.Comment Is Nothing Then GetComments = pRng.Comment.Text End If End Function
2.Press Ctrl + S to save the function.
3.Then input the following formula “=GetComments(A1 )” in any blank cell, in this case, I will use cell E1. See screenshot:
4. Press the Enter key. And select cell E1, then drag the fill handle over the range of cells that you want to contain this formula. And all of the comments are converted to cell contents. See screenshot:
If you know the VBA code, the following brief code also can help you to convert comments to cell contents.
1. Select the range that you want to convert to cell contents;
2. Click Developer > Visual Basic, a new Microsoft Visual Basic for applications window will be displayed, click Insert > Module, and input the following code into the Module:
Sub CommentToCell() Dim Rng As Range Dim WorkRng As Range On Error Resume Next xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set WorkRng = Application.Selection Set WorkRng = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleId, WorkRng.Address, Type:=8) For Each Rng In WorkRng Rng.Value = Rng.NoteText Next End Sub
3. Then click button to run the code. And select a range you want to convert then click OK, and all of the selected comments have been converted to cell contents in its relevant cells.
Note: If you don’t want the comments, you can delete them.
The Convert Comment and Cell of Kutools for Excel is a handy and useful tool can help you to solve many problems about comments.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1. Select the range that you want to import the comments into the cells.
2. Click Kutools > More > Convert Comment and Cell, see screenshot:
3. In the Convert Comment and Cell dialog box, select Convert comments into content of cells. See screenshot:
4. Then click OK. Now all of the selected comments are converted to cell contents in its original range.
For more detailed information about Convert Comment and Cell, please visit Convert Comment and Cell feature description.
- Change all comment formats in cells
- Change all comments' author name
- List all comments to a new worksheet or workbook
- Find and replace text within comments
- Show or hide all comments and comment indicators in Excel
- Convert cell contents to comments in Excel
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoYou are my HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You Thank You Thank You
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHi.
I tried this code and it worked right. But I have a little problem: can I use this code combined with VLOOKUP? I tried but I didn't get anything.
If you can help me, I'll be thankful.
I'm brazilian. If I wrote something wrong, I apologise.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoIt's worked :)
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThe 1400 cell comments took but a few minutes. Wow!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agogood job thank u so much