How to convert feet to inches, miles, and meters easily in Excel?
Supposing you need to convert feet to inches, feet to miles, feet to meters, feet to centimeters or vice reverse in Excel, how can you quickly convert between those measurement units? This article brings some tricky ways to help you quickly convert measurement units between foot to inches, foot to miles, and foot to meters in Excel.
- Convert feet to inches, miles, and meters with Conversion factors
- Convert feet to inches, miles, and meters with Convert function
- Convert feet to inches, miles, and meters with Kutools for Excel
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
An example may be easier to understand.
As we know, 1 foot = 12 inches. Therefore, we can convert the measurement unit from foot to inch by multiplying 12.
Step 1: In Cell C2 enter the formula =A2*12, and press Enter key.
Step 2: Click the Cell C2, drag the fill handle across the ranges that you will fill this formula.
Then you will see all foot measurement is converted to inches.
You can apply the same way to convert the feet (foot) measurement to miles and meters with conversion factors.
- 1 foot = 0.3048 meters
- 1 foot = 0.0001646 Nautical miles
- 1 foot = 0.0001894 Statute miles
It is hard to remember all of conversion factors clearly. Actually we can apply Excel's Convert function to convert foot measurement to inches, mils, and meters. For example, we can convert foot to inches as follows:
Step 1: In Cell C2, enter the formula = Convert(A2, "ft", "in"), and press the Enter key.
Step 2: Step 2: Click the Cell C2, drag the fill handle across the ranges that you will fill this formula.
Convert Foot to meter
=Convert(A2, "ft", "m")
Covert Foot to Nautical Miles
=Convert(A2, "ft", "Nmi")
Convert Foot to Statute Miles
=Convert(A2, "ft", "mi")
Is there a way to convert between measurement units in Excel without remember neither the conversion factor nor functions? Yes, the Unit Conversion tool of Kutools for Excel can help you quickly convert between measurement units in Excel.
Step 1: Select a range you want to work with.
Step 2. Click the Kutools > Content Converter > Unit Conversion. See screenshot:
Step 3. Specify the Distance unit in the drop-down box of Unit, and then select source unit in the left box, the unit you want to convert to in the right box, and you will see the result in the Preview box. See screenshot:
Step 4. Click Ok or Apply.
You can convert foot to meter or mile with the same steps..
Note: If you want to keep the source unit in the cells and show results in the comment, you can check Add results as comment. See screenshot:
- Convert currencies
- Convert between dollars, pounds, euros
- Unit conversions
- Convert time measurement between hour, minutes, seconds, or day