How to convert feet to inches, miles, and meters easily in Excel?
Supposing you need to convert feet to inches, feet to miles, feet to meters, feet to centimeters or vice reverse in Excel, how can you quickly convert between those measurement units? This article brings some tricky ways to help you quickly convert measurement units between foot to inches, foot to miles, and foot to meters in Excel.
- Convert feet to inches, miles, and meters with Conversion factors
- Convert feet to inches, miles, and meters with Convert function
- Convert feet to inches, miles, and meters with Kutools for Excel
Recommended Productivity Tools
An example may be easier to understand.
As we know, 1 foot = 12 inches. Therefore, we can convert the measurement unit from foot to inch by multiplying 12.
Step 1: In Cell C2 enter the formula =A2*12, and press Enter key.
Step 2: Click the Cell C2, drag the fill handle across the ranges that you will fill this formula.
Then you will see all foot measurement is converted to inches.
You can apply the same way to convert the feet (foot) measurement to miles and meters with conversion factors.
- 1 foot = 0.3048 meters
- 1 foot = 0.0001646 Nautical miles
- 1 foot = 0.0001894 Statute miles
It is hard to remember all of conversion factors clearly. Actually we can apply Excel's Convert function to convert foot measurement to inches, mils, and meters. For example, we can convert foot to inches as follows:
Step 1: In Cell C2, enter the formula = Convert(A2, "ft", "in"), and press the Enter key.
Step 2: Step 2: Click the Cell C2, drag the fill handle across the ranges that you will fill this formula.
Convert Foot to meter
=Convert(A2, "ft", "m")
Covert Foot to Nautical Miles
=Convert(A2, "ft", "Nmi")
Convert Foot to Statute Miles
=Convert(A2, "ft", "mi")
Is there a way to convert between measurement units in Excel without remember neither the conversion factor nor functions? Yes, the Unit Conversion tool of Kutools for Excel can help you quickly convert between measurement units in Excel.
Step 1: Select a range you want to work with.
Step 2. Click the Kutools > Content Converter > Unit Conversion. See screenshot:
Step 3. Specify the Distance unit in the drop-down box of Unit, and then select source unit in the left box, the unit you want to convert to in the right box, and you will see the result in the Preview box. See screenshot:
Step 4. Click Ok or Apply.
You can convert foot to meter or mile with the same steps..
Note: If you want to keep the source unit in the cells and show results in the comment, you can check Add results as comment. See screenshot:
- Convert currencies
- Convert between dollars, pounds, euros
- Unit conversions
- Convert time measurement between hour, minutes, seconds, or day
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...