How to quickly hide unused cells, rows, and columns in Excel?
If you need to keep focus on working in a small part of your worksheet in Excel, you may need to hide the unused cells, rows and columns for achieving it. Here we are going to guide you to hide all unused cells, rows, and columns in Microsoft Excel 2007/2010 quickly.
Hide unused cells, rows, and columns with Hide & Unhide command
We can hide an entire row or column by Hide & Unhide command, and can hide all blank rows and columns with this command too.
Step 1: Select the row header beneath the used working area in the worksheet.
Step 2: Press the shortcut keyboards of Ctrl + Shift + Down Arrow, and then you select all rows beneath the working area.
Step 3: Click the Home > Format > Hide & Unhide > Hide Rows. Then all selected rows beneath working areas are hidden immediately.
Step 4: Same way to hide unused columns: select the column header at the right side of used working area, press the keyboard shortcut of Ctrl + Shift + Right Arrow, and click Home >> Format >> Hide & Unhide >> Hide Columns.
Now all unused cells, rows, and columns are hidden.
Hide unused cells, rows, and columns with Kutools for Excel
Demo: hide unused cells, rows, and columns in Excel
Kutools for Excel
includes more than 300 handy tools for Excel, free to try without limitation in 30 days. Download and Free Trial Now
One click to hide/unhide one or multiple sheet tabs in Excel
Kutools for Excel provides many handy utilities for Excel users to quickly toggle hidden sheet tabs, hide sheet tabs, or display hidden sheet tabs in Excel. Full Feature Free Trial 30-day!
- Kutools > Worksheets: One click to toggle all hidden sheet tabs to be visible or invisible in Excel;
- Kutools > Show / Hide > Hide Unselected Sheets: One click to hide all sheet tabs except active one (or selected ones) in Excel;
- Kutools > Show / Hide > Unhide All Sheets: One click to display all hidden sheet tabs in Excel.
Kutools for Excel - Includes more than 300 handy tools for Excel. Full feature free trial 30-day, no credit card required! Get It Now
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!