How to quickly hide unused cells, rows, and columns in Excel?
If you need to keep focus on working in a small part of your worksheet in Excel, you may need to hide the unused cells, rows and columns for achieving it. Here we are going to guide you to hide all unused cells, rows, and columns in Microsoft Excel 2007/2010 quickly.
- Hide unused cells, rows, and columns with Hide & Unhide command (4 steps)
- Hide unused cells, rows, and columns with Kutools for Excel(1 step)
We can hide an entire row or column by Hide & Unhide command, and can hide all blank rows and columns with this command too.
Step 1: Select the row header beneath the used working area in the worksheet.
Step 2: Press the shortcut keyboards of Ctrl + Shift + Down Arrow, and then you select all rows beneath the working area.
Step 3: Click the Home > Format > Hide & Unhide > Hide Rows. Then all selected rows beneath working areas are hidden immediately.
Step 4: Same way to hide unused columns: select the column header at the right side of used working area, press the keyboard shortcut of Ctrl + Shift + Right Arrow, and click Home >> Format >> Hide & Unhide >> Hide Columns.
Now all unused cells, rows, and columns are hidden.
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can simplify the work and hide unused cells, rows, and columns with only one click.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!