How to quickly hide unused cells, rows, and columns in Excel?
If you need to keep focus on working in a small part of your worksheet in Excel, you may need to hide the unused cells, rows and columns for achieving it. Here we are going to guide you to hide all unused cells, rows, and columns in Microsoft Excel 2007/2010 quickly.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
We can hide an entire row or column by Hide & Unhide command, and can hide all blank rows and columns with this command too.
Step 1: Select the row header beneath the used working area in the worksheet.
Step 2: Press the shortcut keyboards of Ctrl + Shift + Down Arrow, and then you select all rows beneath the working area.
Step 3: Click the Home > Format > Hide & Unhide > Hide Rows. Then all selected rows beneath working areas are hidden immediately.
Step 4: Same way to hide unused columns: select the column header at the right side of used working area, press the keyboard shortcut of Ctrl + Shift + Right Arrow, and click Home >> Format >> Hide & Unhide >> Hide Columns.
Now all unused cells, rows, and columns are hidden.
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can simplify the work and hide unused cells, rows, and columns with only one click.
Just select the used working area, and click the Kutools > Show / Hide > Set Scroll Area, then it hides all unused cells, rows, and columns immediately.