How to quickly hide unused cells, rows, and columns in Excel?
If you need to keep focus on working in a small part of your worksheet in Excel, you may need to hide the unused cells, rows and columns for achieving it. Here we are going to guide you to hide all unused cells, rows, and columns in Microsoft Excel 2007/2010 quickly.
With Kutools for Excel Delete Hidden (Visible) Rows & Columns utility, Excel users can quickly delete all unused rows or columns from specified selected range, active sheets, multiple selected sheets, or all sheets with ease in Excel.
Recommended Productivity ToolsOffice Tab: Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: 200 new features for Excel, make Excel much easy and powerful, increase productivity immediately.
Hide unused cells, rows, and columns with Hide & Unhide command
We can hide an entire row or column by Hide & Unhide command, and can hide all blank rows and columns with this command too.
Step 1: Select the row header beneath the used working area in the worksheet.
Step 2: Press the shortcut keyboards of Ctrl + Shift + Down Arrow, and then you select all rows beneath the working area.
Step 3: Click the Home > Format > Hide & Unhide > Hide Rows. Then all selected rows beneath working areas are hidden immediately.
Step 4: Same way to hide unused columns: select the column header at the right side of used working area, press the keyboard shortcut of Ctrl + Shift + Right Arrow, and click Home >> Format >> Hide & Unhide >> Hide Columns.
Now all unused cells, rows, and columns are hidden.
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can simplify the work and hide unused cells, rows, and columns with only one click.
Kutools for Excel - Combines More Than 120 Advanced Functions and Tools for Microsoft Excel
Just select the used working area, and click the Kutools > Show / Hide > Set Scroll Area, then it hides all unused cells, rows, and columns immediately.
Kutools for Excel provides many handy utilities for Excel users to quickly toggle hidden sheet tabs, hide sheet tabs, or display hidden sheet tabs in Excel.
(1) Kutools > Worksheets: One click to toggle all hidden sheet tabs to be visible or invisible in Excel;
(2) Kutools > Show / Hide > Hide Unselected Sheets: One click to hide all sheet tabs except active one (or selected ones) in Excel;
(3) Kutools > Show / Hide > Unhide All Sheets: One click to display all hidden sheet tabs in Excel.
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...