How to quickly convert between dollars, pounds, euros in Excel?
For example you have a table listing some income and expenses in US dollar, and you want to convert them in Euros or Pounds, or vice verse. Which ways will you apply? There are several easy options for you to solve this problem:
An example may be easy to understand. Supposing you have the following US dollars, now we will guide you to convert the US dollars to Euros and Pounds.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The most common way is to find out the exchange rate between two currencies. Take converting dollars to euros for example, you can do it with following steps:
1. Search the exchange rate between US dollar and euros, and the current exchange rate is 1 US Dollar = 0.726089 Euros at present.
2. In Cell B2 enter the formula =A2*0.726089, and press the Enter key.
3. Click the Cell B2, and drag the Fill Handle to copy this formula to the B3:B10. Then you will get all money in Euros in Column B.
4. You can also convert the US Dollars to UK Pounds, UK Pounds to Euros, UK Pounds to US Dollars, Euros to UK Pounds, and Euros to US Dollars easily with this way.
Is it boring to search for the exchange rates every time when you need to convert currencies? There are so many currencies, and exchange rates between these currencies changes all the time. It's hard to get the exchange rates. Please do not worry about it, Kutools for Excel's Currency Conversion tool can help you get the latest exchange rates between any kinds of currencies, and help you convert between them quickly.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 30 days. Get it Now.
Step 1: Click Kutools > Content Converter > Currency Conversion. See screenshot:
Step 2: Select the range that you want to convert the currency, and in the Currency Conversion dialog box, specify the settings as following:
- Select the source currency US Dollar from the left list box, and choose the currency EURO that you want to convert from the right list box;
- Click Update rate button to get to the latest exchange rates.
Step 3: Then click Fill options button, in the Fill options prompt box, choose one output type that you want, then close the box to return to the Currency Conversion dialog, see screenshot:
Step 4: After specifying the output type, then click OK or Apply button, you will get the following results:
(1.) If you choose Only cells as output type, all the new converted currency values will replace the original values, see screenshots:
(2.) If you choose Only comment as output type, all of the converted values and some detailed information will be inserted as comments into the original cells. See screenshot:
(3.) If you choose Cells and comment as the output result, the converted values will be filled into the original cells and the detailed information will be inserted as comments as well. See screenshot:
Kutools for Excel's Currency Conversion tools brings you a quick way to convert more than 50 currencies in your Excel by using the latest exchange rates from the reliable Internet web site. You can easily convert a single value or volume values from a range cells with current exchange rates. Click to know more…
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThis is very nice post. It is also very helpful for us.I have been searching types of tutorial because i love exchange .some days ago I read an article about exchange . but this post this better than post.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoDear sir/Madam,
We can help you with a loan today, I want you to contact us if interested. Take an Immediate decision and contact us in our Home Office were loan transactions are process and transfer within the shortest possible period. email@example.com
Debt consolidation Loans
Contact phone number:
Loan amount needed:
Purpose of loan:
Monthly Income / Yearly Income:
IF interested Fill immediately and return.
Amo Global Funding
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoyou looking for a mortgage? Looking for a quick loan or a funding firm for a business deal, contact us today at Atlas-loan company for a loan or investment funding from $5,000.00 to $100,000,000.00.
**Personal Loan (Secure and Unsecured)
**Business Loan (Secure and Unsecured)
**Car Loan (Secure and Unsecured)
**Debt consolidation Loans (Secure and Unsecured)
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoDo you have a version that works on a MacBookPro operating system?