How to add and remove error bars in Excel?
Error Bar is a flexible chart tools to represent of data variability, and indicate difference between the reported value and true value. And here we will show you the tutorial to add and remove error bars for charts in Excel.
Step 1: Click the chart that you want to add error bar, then it will active the Chart Tools in Ribbon.
Step 2: Click the Layout >> Analysis >> Error Bar.
Step 3: Select one of three items in the drop down list to add error bar for the selected chart:
Error Bar with Standard Error: show error bars for the selected chart series using Standard Error.
- Error Bars with Percentage: show error bars for the selected chart series with 5% value.
- Error Bars with Standard Deviation: show error bars for the selected chart series with 1 standard deviation.
Custom the Error Bar Option
In addition, users are allowed to format error bars. Click the More Error Bars Options item from the drop down list, and you can configure the custom options of error bar easily. See the following screen shot:
In the Display section, you can specify the direction and end style of error bar. And in the Error Amount section, you can specify the custom settings:
- Click the Custom: option.
- Click the Specify Value button.
- Now you get into the Custom Error Bars dialog box, specify the positive/Negative error value according to your needs.
- Click OK to save the settings.
Remove Error Bar for selected chart
Just select the None item in the drop down list of Error bar, you can remove the Error bars for the selected chart as soon as possible.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!