How to add and remove error bars in Excel?
Error Bar is a flexible chart tools to represent of data variability, and indicate difference between the reported value and true value. And here we will show you the tutorial to add and remove error bars for charts in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Step 1: Click the chart that you want to add error bar, then it will active the Chart Tools in Ribbon.
Step 2: Click the Layout >> Analysis >> Error Bar.
Step 3: Select one of three items in the drop down list to add error bar for the selected chart:
Error Bar with Standard Error: show error bars for the selected chart series using Standard Error.
- Error Bars with Percentage: show error bars for the selected chart series with 5% value.
- Error Bars with Standard Deviation: show error bars for the selected chart series with 1 standard deviation.
Custom the Error Bar Option
In addition, users are allowed to format error bars. Click the More Error Bars Options item from the drop down list, and you can configure the custom options of error bar easily. See the following screen shot:
In the Display section, you can specify the direction and end style of error bar. And in the Error Amount section, you can specify the custom settings:
- Click the Custom: option.
- Click the Specify Value button.
- Now you get into the Custom Error Bars dialog box, specify the positive/Negative error value according to your needs.
- Click OK to save the settings.
Remove Error Bar for selected chart
Just select the None item in the drop down list of Error bar, you can remove the Error bars for the selected chart as soon as possible.