How to change border color of multiple cells in Excel?
By default, the cell border is gray in Excel. As we know, you can add black border for selections easily. However sometimes the black color may be not fit in the worksheet for some reasons, and it requires changing to other border color. This article will introduce you some tricky ways to change either the border color of all cell in the whole worksheet or multiple cells' border color in selections.
- Change border color of all cells in the whole worksheet (gridline color)
- Change border color of multiple cells of any selection
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Sometime you may want to change the cell border color for specific selections for some reasons. And you can do it with following steps:
Step 1: Click the arrow besides the Border button in the Font group under Home tab.
Step 2: In the drop down list, move mouse over the Line color item, and select fit color. See the following screen shot:
Step 3: Then the cursor become a pencil. Please hold down the Ctrl key, and drag pencil through selection that you want to change its cell border color.
Then the border color of all cells in the dragging through ranges is changed to the color that you set in Step 2.
Sometimes you may want to change the gridline color or the border color of all cells in the wholes worksheets. You can do it with following steps:
Step 1: In Excel 2010, Click the File >> Option to get into the Excel Option dialog box; in Excel 2007, click the Office button >> Excel Option.
Step 2: In the Excel Options dialog box, click the Advanced button at left bar.
Step 3: Scroll to the Display options for this worksheet section, and select the current working worksheet.
Step 3: Find out the Gridline Color item, and click the Fill color button to change the gridline color.
Step 4: Click OK button.
Then you will see the gridline color is changed to the new set color, that means the border color of all cells in current worksheet are changed to the new set color.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHow to make this gridline color changing permenant for all new excel sheets?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agohow do you change the colour and thickness of the actual selection box within excel?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoI am almost beginner in Word.
I want learn and Master in Word. I recently appointed as Admin Assistant in a Company.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoHelpful. Thanks a lot!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agothanks a lot. Very helpful
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoWow, I was stuck up for several days. Love this. Keep it up.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoExtremely helpful. Keep up the good work guys!!!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoExtremely helpful. Keep up your good work guys!!!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoThank you so much. I learnt clearly in this page how to change color. It is very helpful for me