How to hide every other row in Excel?
When you need to hide every other row in Excel, how could you quickly get it done? Just hiding the row one after another? Or you could go through the follow instruction to quickly hide every other row in Excel.
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
The following short VBA code can help you quickly hide every other row, please do as following steps:
1. Click Developer > Visual Basic, a new Microsoft Visual Basic for applications window will be displayed, click Insert > Module, and input the following code into the Module:
Sub HideAndShow() 'update20131220 Dim Rng As Range Dim WorkRng As Range Dim xRows As Long On Error Resume Next xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set WorkRng = Application.Selection Set WorkRng = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleId, WorkRng.Address, Type:=8) xRows = WorkRng.Rows.Count For i = 1 To xRows Step 2 WorkRng.Rows(i).Hidden = True Next i End Sub
2. Then click F5 key to run the code, and a prompt box will pop out to tell you to select a range that you want to use. See screenshot:
3. And then click OK, all of the rows from the first row have been hidden alternately. See screenshot:
Note: In above, the i=1 is a variable, stand for the started row which be hidden from, you can change it as you need. If you use i=1, all of the rows started from the first row will been hidden alternately, and if you use i=2, all of the rows started from the second row will been hidden alternately.
With Kutools for Excel, you can hide every other row within two major steps:
A: First select every other row with Select Interval Rows & Columns tool;
B: Set them to hide. Do as follows:
1. Select the range that you want to use.
2. Click Kutools > Select Tools > Select Interval Rows & Columns, see screenshot:
3. In the Select Interval Rows & Columns dialog box, check Rows option under Select section, and enter the number 1 separately into the Interval of and Rows boxes. And then check Select entire rows option. See screenshot:
4. And then click OK. All of the alternate rows have been selected.
5. Put the cursor at any row header which row has been highlighted, then right click, choose hide from the menu. And all of the alternate rows have been hidden. See screenshots: