How to hide every other row in Excel?
When you need to hide every other row in Excel, how could you quickly get it done? Just hiding the row one after another? Or you could go through the follow instruction to quickly hide every other row in Excel.
The following short VBA code can help you quickly hide every other row, please do as following steps:
1. Click Developer > Visual Basic, a new Microsoft Visual Basic for applications window will be displayed, click Insert > Module, and input the following code into the Module:
Sub HideAndShow() 'update20131220 Dim Rng As Range Dim WorkRng As Range Dim xRows As Long On Error Resume Next xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set WorkRng = Application.Selection Set WorkRng = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleId, WorkRng.Address, Type:=8) xRows = WorkRng.Rows.Count For i = 1 To xRows Step 2 WorkRng.Rows(i).Hidden = True Next i End Sub
2. Then click F5 key to run the code, and a prompt box will pop out to tell you to select a range that you want to use. See screenshot:
3. And then click OK, all of the rows from the first row have been hidden alternately. See screenshot:
Note: In above, the i=1 is a variable, stand for the started row which be hidden from, you can change it as you need. If you use i=1, all of the rows started from the first row will been hidden alternately, and if you use i=2, all of the rows started from the second row will been hidden alternately.
With Kutools for Excel, you can hide every other row within two major steps:
A: First select every other row with Select Interval Rows & Columns tool;
B: Set them to hide. Do as follows:
1. Select the range that you want to use.
2. Click Kutools > Select Tools > Select Interval Rows & Columns, see screenshot:
3. In the Select Interval Rows & Columns dialog box, check Rows option under Select section, and enter the number 1 separately into the Interval of and Rows boxes. And then check Select entire rows option. See screenshot:
4. And then click OK. All of the alternate rows have been selected.
5. Put the cursor at any row header which row has been highlighted, then right click, choose hide from the menu. And all of the alternate rows have been hidden. See screenshots:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!