How to hide every other row in Excel?
When you need to hide every other row in Excel, how could you quickly get it done? Just hiding the row one after another? Or you could go through the follow instruction to quickly hide every other row in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The following short VBA code can help you quickly hide every other row, please do as following steps:
1. Click Developer > Visual Basic, a new Microsoft Visual Basic for applications window will be displayed, click Insert > Module, and input the following code into the Module:
Sub HideAndShow() 'update20131220 Dim Rng As Range Dim WorkRng As Range Dim xRows As Long On Error Resume Next xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set WorkRng = Application.Selection Set WorkRng = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleId, WorkRng.Address, Type:=8) xRows = WorkRng.Rows.Count For i = 1 To xRows Step 2 WorkRng.Rows(i).Hidden = True Next i End Sub
2. Then click F5 key to run the code, and a prompt box will pop out to tell you to select a range that you want to use. See screenshot:
3. And then click OK, all of the rows from the first row have been hidden alternately. See screenshot:
Note: In above, the i=1 is a variable, stand for the started row which be hidden from, you can change it as you need. If you use i=1, all of the rows started from the first row will been hidden alternately, and if you use i=2, all of the rows started from the second row will been hidden alternately.
With Kutools for Excel, you can hide every other row within two major steps:
A: First select every other row with Select Interval Rows & Columns tool;
B: Set them to hide. Do as follows:
1. Select the range that you want to use.
2. Click Kutools > Select Tools > Select Interval Rows & Columns, see screenshot:
3. In the Select Interval Rows & Columns dialog box, check Rows option under Select section, and enter the number 1 separately into the Interval of and Rows boxes. And then check Select entire rows option. See screenshot:
4. And then click OK. All of the alternate rows have been selected.
5. Put the cursor at any row header which row has been highlighted, then right click, choose hide from the menu. And all of the alternate rows have been hidden. See screenshots:
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHow would I start at row 2 and hide the next 9 rows consecutively through a range?