How to insert watermark in Excel?
As we know, we can add text watermark in Microsoft Word document to indicate additional information to the readers, such as the document is draft, copy right information or confidential and so on. There is no similar Watermark command in Microsoft Excel, nevertheless, we can mimic a text watermark for workbooks with following tricky methods.
- Insert watermark into all printed pages with Header & Footer feature (5 steps)
- Insert watermark into all printed pages with Kutools for Excel (2 steps)
The first way is to insert a word art to mimic a text watermark in current page in Excel.
1. Click Insert > WordArt, and select one of the WordArt style.
2. Put the cursor in working area, and remove the Your Text Here from the new added text box, and enter your words, such as Draft. And then rotate the word art as you need. See screenshot above:
Now you will get a tilted text watermark in current page as above screenshot shows:
3.Export the WordArt as an image.
4. Click the Insert> Header & Footer, and then put the cursor at center section of header, and click the Header & Footer Tools Design tab > Picture button.
5. In the Insert Picture dialog box, find out and select the image you created in the first step.
Then click anywhere in working area except the header, you will get the text watermark in each printed pages, as the following screen shot shows:
If you have inserted watermark for all printed pages in one worksheet with above method, you can copy this worksheet's page settings to other worksheets in the same workbook easily with Kutools for Excel's Copy Page Setup utility. Stay in the worksheet you have added watermark with above methods, and click Enterprise > Printing > Copy Page Setup, and then configure in the popping up Copy Page Setup dialog box:
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can apply its Insert Watermark feature to quickly insert a text watermark into all printed pages at ease. Please do as follows:
1. Click Kutools > Insert > Insert Watermark.
2. In the opening Insert Watermark dialog box, please check the Text Watermark option, select a type of text watermark from the Text drop down list, specify format for the text watermark as you need, and click the Ok button. See screenshot:
And now the specified text watermark is added into all pages with contents at once.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoWhy when I insert image as watermark it always appear after 10 rows? Can we choose where in the excel sheet the watermark image should appear?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoClick the Microsoft Office Button (located in upper right corner) and then select Print. The Print dialog box will appear.
2. Click the Properties button in the
upper right corner. The printer
properties dialog box will appear.
3. Select the Effects tab.
4. Under watermarks, Click the
drop-down arrow and select what
type of watermark you want to
apply. The default choices are
confidential, draft, and sample.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years ago:D Thanks very much. It helped me very much
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoThanks a bunch!! This is a great tip.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoDear
The above advise is OK but how we can send the watermark in the background?
as when we printing it the watermark crossing the text word.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoActually, what I firstly think about this is to choose "Print Preview" in "Printing Properties" right before print the document using Excel 2007. I am using an Epson printer. I don't know if other printer will do the same.
Well, since this site suggesting something different, I am willing to try just to find the same head scratch-er as @Mustafa/M. Parsa does. So now I go back to my first thought.
Tho, thank you Extend Office for this advice.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoAm using Microsoft 2010 Proffessional plus excel,on that no effects tab,if we are taking page layout menu,effects is coming,but no water mark,Please help me.i just want to do more confidential reports in relatively short time
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThere is no Watermark button in Excel ribbon at all.
In the first method, you need to insert a Wordart, save it as an individual picture, and then insert this picture as header in a roundabout way.