How to insert drop down list in Excel?
How can we insert a drop down list in cells in Excel? You may need to take a few steps to insert the drop down list as following instructions in Excel.
|Easily batch insert checkboxes or option buttons in selection in Excel|
You can easily insert multiple checkboxes or option buttons in a selection in Excel as below screenshot shown
Recommended Productivity ToolsOffice Tab: Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: 200 new features for Excel, make Excel much easy and powerful, increase productivity immediately.
1. Create a list of data that you want to use in the drop down list.
2. Select a range cell that you insert the drop down list.
3. Click Data > Data Validation > Data Validation. See screenshot:
4. And a Data Validation dialog box will appear, then click Settings, and choose List from the Allow drop down list, then click button to select the list of names. See screenshot:
5. Then click OK. The drop down list has been inserted into the worksheet. And you can quickly enter the names you need from the drop down list.
Note: the drop-down arrow is visible only when the cell is active.
- How to quickly create dynamic drop down list in Excel?
- How to auto populate other cells when selecting values in Excel drop down list?
- How to autocomplete when typing in Excel drop down list?
- How to create drop down list with multiple selections or values in Excel?
- How to create a drop down list calendar in Excel?
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...