How to insert drop down list in Excel?
Inserting drop-down list is a frequently-used operation while working in Microsoft Excel. This article will show you detailed steps for inserting a drop-down list in selected cells in Excel.
You may interest in:
|Easily batch insert checkboxes or option buttons in selection in Excel|
You can easily insert multiple checkboxes or option buttons in a selection in Excel as below screenshot shown
Recommended Productivity ToolsOffice Tab: Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: 200 new features for Excel, make Excel much easy and powerful, increase productivity immediately.
1. Create a list of data that you want to use in the drop down list.
2. Select a range of cells you need to locate the drop down list.
3. Then click Data > Data Validation > Data Validation. See screenshot:
4. In the popping up Data Validation dialog box, you need to do as follows:
4.1 Select List from the Allow drop down list under the Settings tab.
4.2 Click the button to select the list of data you have created in step 1. Click the OK button to finish the setting.
Now the drop down list is creared and located in the cells you have selected in step 2. See screenshot:
Note: the drop-down arrow is visible only when the cell is active.
- How to quickly create dynamic drop down list in Excel?
- How to auto populate other cells when selecting values in Excel drop down list?
- How to autocomplete when typing in Excel drop down list?
- How to create drop down list with multiple selections or values in Excel?
- How to create a drop down list calendar in Excel?
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...