How to filter cells with case sensitive in Excel?
Filter text with case sensitive by Filter and formulas
Filter text with case sensitive by Super Filter of Kutools for Excel
Easily Combine multiple sheets/Workbook into one Single sheet or Workbook
|To combinne multiples sheets or workbooks into one sheet or workbook may be edious in Excel, but with the Combine function in Kutools for Excel, you can combine merge dozens of sheets/workbooks into one sheet or workbook, also, you can consolidate the sheets into one by several clicks only. Click for 60 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 200 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately. 60-day Unlimited Free Trial
How do you filter only the unique text with case sensitive in Excel, says only uppercases of "TEXT TOOLS"? We will follow the example we talk above, and show you the detailed guidance to filter with case sensitive.
|Never need to worry about long long formulas in Excel anymore! Kutools for Excel's Auto Text can add all formulas to a group
as auto text, and liberate your brain! Click here to know Auto Text Click here to get free trial
Step 1: In a blank column, says Column C, enter the formula of =EXACT(B2,UPPER(B2)), and press the Enter key.
This formula will identify whether the text string in Cell B2 are uppercase or not, and return True only if the text string is uppercase.
Step 2: Select the Column C, and click the Home >> Fill >> Down to copy the formula to the whole column.
Step 3: Select the Column B and Column C together.
Step 4: Click the Filter button under the Data tab.
Step 5: Click the arrow button besides the title of Column B. Uncheck Select All, and only check the TEXT TOOLS in the filter box. Then click OK.
Step 6: Click the arrow button besides the title of Column C; uncheck the Select All, and only check the TRUE in the filter box. Click OK.
Now it filters the records twice, and finally filters the unique records with case sensitive, see the following screen shot:
1. The formula of =AND(B2<>"",SUMPRODUCT(--(EXACT(B2,$B$1:$B$14)))>1) can help you filter only the records with Title Cases.
2. The formula of =EXACT(B2,LOWER(B2)) can help you filter only the records with lowercases.
With above method, you may think that is not convenient enough beacause of the formulas needed to remenber. However, if you have Kutools for Excel, you can use the Super Filter to quickly filter UPPER Case or lower case.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the data range you want to filter, and click Enterprise > Super Filter. See screenshot
2. Then a Super Filter pane appears, click the adding button to add a new rule into it. See screenshot:
3. Place the cursor at the first rule, and click the underline. Then select the column you want to filter by, and select Text Format in second list. See screenshot:
4. And select Equals from the third list, and then select All upercase, All lowercase, Contain uppercase or Contain lowercase as you need form last list. See screenshot:
5. Now click Filter.