How to quickly filter or hide even or odd numbers in Excel?
Sometimes you may need to filter all even numbers from a column and hide all odd numbers, and vice versa. Here is an easy way to filter the even or odd numbers from a selected column easily.
|Normal numbers||Odd numbers||Even numbers|
Recommended Productivity Tools
You can follow these steps to filter all even numbers and hide all odd numbers in Column A.
Step 1: In a blank column, for example the Column C, enter the formula of =ISEVEN(A1) in Cell C2, and press the Enter key.
This formula will identify the number in Cell A1 is an even number or not. If the number in Cell A1 is even, it returns True, otherwise False.
Step 2: Select the Column C, and click the Home >> Fill >> Down to copy this formula to the entire Column C.
Now it fill Column C with formula, and display False and True, as following screen shot shows:
Step 3: Select the Column C, and click the Data >> Filter.
Step 4: Click the Arrow in Column C, uncheck (Select All) item, and check TURE in the filter box. See the following screen shot:
Step 5: Click OK.
Now it filters all even numbers in Column A as soon as possible.
- If you want to filter the odd numbers, you can check the FALSE item in Step 4.
- You can also apply the formula of =ISODD(A1) to identify the number in Column A are odd or not, and then filter them.
- The formula of =MOD(A1,2) is also available to determine the number in Cell A1 is even or not. If the number in Cell A1 is even, it returns 0, otherwise 1 for odd numbers.
If you want to sort or hide numbers by even or odd numbers, you can apply Kutools for Excel's Advanced Sort utility, with it, you can quickly do advanced sorting on data, such as sort by even or odd, sort by month, sort by text length and so on.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:(Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the numbers and click Enterprise > Advanced Sort. See screenshot:
2. In the Advanced Sort dialog, if there is header in the column, check My data has headers. And select the column you want to sort, and choose Odd and even nunber from the Sort On list, and A to Z indicates to sort even number fist, in reverse, Z to A means to place odd number in the front. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok, and the even numbers sort first then followed by odds.
4. If you want to hide odd numbers, you can select the odd numbers rows, and right click to choose Hide from the context menu.
Now, the odd numbers are hidden.
Posted by ExtendOffice - Professional Office Add-ins on Friday, February 17, 2017
Kutools for Excel: More than 200 functions you must have in Excel, 60-day free trial from here
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...