How to sort data by color in excel?
When you using a worksheet, sometimes you may fill the rows or cells with various colors to make the worksheet much readable. And sometimes you want to sort the cells by color in Excel. In this case, you can use the sort function to sort the data by color quickly as follows:
1. Select the range that you want to sort the data by color.
2. Click Data > Sort, and a Sort dialog box will appear, see screenshot:
3. Then click Sort by drop down list, select the data that you sort, and then click Values drop down list, chose Cell color, then click no cell color drop down list, select the color you would like on top.
4. Click Add Level to add additional lines to specify the order of the remaining colors. See screenshot:
5. Then click OK button. You will get the following result:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!