How to create hyperlink in a cell to another sheet in the same workbook
Do you know how to create a hyperlink in a cell in one sheet to a specific cell in another worksheet in the same workbook? By doing this, you can quickly navigate to specific cell of another sheet by clicking the hyperlink in Excel. The hyperlinks will help you switch to the other worksheet and locate specific cell quickly. Here are two tricky ways to create hyperlinks to specific cell in another worksheet in the same workbook.
- Create hyperlinks to specific cell in another worksheet with Hyperlinks
- Create hyperlinks to each worksheet in one sheet with Kutools for Excel
- Create multiple hyperlinks to all workbooks/files in one folder
Actually, we can make hyperlinks to other worksheets with Hyperlinks command easily.
1. Select a cell in one sheet that you want to create a hyperlink to another sheet, and click Insert > Hyperlink. See screenshot:
2. In the Insert Hyperlink dialog box, please do as follows:
(1) Click the Place in This Document button in the Link to box;
(2) Select one sheet that you want to hyperlink to in the Or select a place in this document box;
(3) Enter the text you want to display for the hyperlink in the Text to display;
(4) If you want to hyperlink to specific data in the sheet, please specify the cell in the Type the cell reference.
3. Click OK.
Then the selected cell is added a hyperlink to the specific cell of specific worksheet in the same workbook. See the following screen shot:
If you want to create one hyperlink to each worksheet in one sheet of the same workbook, you may need to create a hyperlink for each worksheet again and again. But with Kutools for Excel's Create List of Sheet Names utility, you can quickly create a hyperlink for each worksheet in one worksheet quickly.
2. In the Create List of Sheet Names dialog box, specify the settings as follows (see screenshot above):
(1) Please check the Contains a list of hyperlinks option in the Sheet Index Styles section;
(2) Type a name for the new worksheet into the Specify sheet name for Sheet Index box;
(3) Specify the position for the new Index sheet from the Insert the Sheet Index in drop down list;
3. Click the Ok button. And then it will add a new sheet and lists all worksheet names with hyperlinks for navigating to related worksheets. See screenshot below:
Kutools for Excel's Create List of Sheet Names tool can create a list of all worksheet names of the active workbook in a new worksheet, which contains hyperlinks or macro buttons for quickly navigate to other worksheets.
Kutools for Excel’s Filename List utility can batch add multiple hyperlinks to all files or one type of files in a certain folder, such as create hyperlinks to all workbooks, to all word documents, to all text files, etc.
2. In the opening Filename List dialog box, please (1) specify the folder whose workbooks/files you will create hyperlinks to; (2) check the Specify option and then type the xlsx into below box; (3) check the Create hyperlinks option; (4) and click the Ok button. See screenshot above:
And now multiple hyperlinks are created and linked to all workbooks (.xlsx files) in the specified folder. See screenshot: