How to automatically cc myself always in Outlook?
If you have a constant CC recipient or you just want to cc yourself but you don’t want to manually select or type in the recipient’s email address every time you sending or replying emails. Or sometimes you forgot to add the recipient’s email address to the CC column. That’s very inconvenient and easy to make mistakes during the sending and replying. If you are still confused about how to automatically cc in Outlook, the following instructions will be benefit for you.
- Always auto Cc myself with Quick Step feature
- Always auto cc myself with Rules feature
- Always auto cc myself with Kutools for Outlook
We can create a quick step to automatically Cc myself when reply emails in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. Click Home > Create New in the Quick Steps group. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Edit Quick Step dialog box, please type a name for the new quick step in the Name box, and then choose the Reply from the Choose an Action drop down list. See screenshot:
3. Click the linked text Show Options to expand the options, next click the linked text Add Cc to show the To field, and then type your email address into the To filed. See screenshot:
4. Click the Finish button.
So far the new quick step has been created and added into the Quick Steps box. See screenshot:
Select the email you will reply, and click the new created quick step in the Quick Steps box, the reply message windows will open with including yourself in the Cc filed automatically.
1. Launch your outlook, and make sure that you are in the mail fold. Then click Home > Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts. See screenshot:
2. And thin in the opening Rules and Alerts dialog box, please click New Rule button on the E-mail Rules tab. See screenshot above:
3. In the Rules Wizard, please click the Apply rule on messages I send option, and then click the Next button. See screenshot below:
4. Now go ahead to configure as below:
(1) check the through the specified account option,
(2) Click the linked text of specified;
(3) In the opening Account dialog box, please specified the email account you will work with, and click the OK button.
(4) Click the Next button.
5. Now in the new Rules Wizard dialog box, please check the Cc the message to people or public group option, and then click the lined text of people or public group. See screenshot below:
6. Now you get into the Rule Address dialog box, please specify the contact you need to automatically cc email to, and click the OK button. See screenshot below:
7.Click the Next button twice in the Rules Wizard dialog box. And now you get into the last Rules Wizard dialog box, please name the new rule in the Step 1: Specify a name for this rule box, and click the Finish button. See screenshot below:
8. Now, it returns to the very beginning dialog, click OK button, then the cc rule will be created. If you don’t want to enable the rule, uncheck it.
Then after sending or forwarding an email message to others with your specified account, your account or your specific cc recipient will always receive the same message.
Using the Rule function of Outlook, you must set the options steps by steps, it is very tiring and boring. Is there an easy and handy way to solve this problem quickly? The Auto CC / BCC tool of Kutools for Outlook can help you deal with this task conveniently.
If you have installed Kutools for Outlook, please do as this:
1. Click Kutools > CC / BCC > Rule Manager, see screenshot:
2. In the Auto CC / BCC Manager dialog box, click New button.
3. In the Rules Wizard, tick the specified condition option you will filter emails based on in the Step 1 section, and then click the underlined text in the Step 2 section.
In my case, I tick the subject contains specific words option, and then click the underlined text specific words.
Note: If you want to automatically cc every email, do not tick any options, and click the Next button directly.
4. In the popping out Text Contains dialog, click the New button.
5. In the Search Text dialog, type in the specific word in the New Search Text box, and click the Add button. To add multiple keywords, you can repeat this operation to add them one by one. After finishing adding the words, click the OK button to close the Search Text dialog.
6. Then it goes back to the Text Contains dialog, you can continue to click the New button to add other series of keywords as you need. After finishing adding the words, click the OK button to close the dialog.
Note: If you add multiple words in the same Search Text dialog, the relationship between them is AND; if you multiple words in different Search Text dialog, the relationship between them is OR.
7. Then it returns to the Rules Wizard dialog, click the Next button.
8. It opens the second Rules Wizard dialog, you can specify the exceptions to skip the auto Cc rule as you need, or do not tick any options and click the Next button directly.
9. In the third Rules Wizard dialog box, you can do as follows:
(1) Name the Cc rule in the Rule Name box;
(2) Type in description for the rule in the Rule notes box;
(3) Click the Recipient button. And then add contacts you will automatically cc to into the Cc filed of Select Names dialog box.
(4) Specify the rule options as you need in the Set rule options section;
(5) Click the OK button.
10. Now it get back to the Auto CC / BCC Manager dialog box, make sure the new auto cc rule is checked, and click the OK button.
11. In the main Outlook interface, click Kutools > CC / BCC > Enable Auto CC / BCC to enable this feature. And then in the popping out reconfirming dialog, click the OK button/
Notes: If the CC / BCC feature has been activated already, you can skip this step.
- 1. With this function, you can set the always BCC rules as well.
- 2. You can create multiple rules as your need by using this tool.
- 3. If you want to turn off the rules, you can click Enable Auto CC / BCC, and all of the rules will not work. Also you can uncheck the rules name in the Auto CC / BCC Manager dialog box to disable some specified rules.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.