How to convert or turn a message into a task in Outlook?
When you receive an email message which contains task information that needs you to follow up in a certain date, you need to take some notes about the task information or set a task with the message details in outlook. Why not directly turn this email message into task in Outlook? When the task date arrives, you can read the whole message information and finish the tasks one by one. Is that a useful method? Please look at the following instructions.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
1. Highlight the email you want to convert to task by clicking it. When you keep clicking on it, drag it down to the Tasks icon which locates on the left bottom on the outlook bar.
2. After you drag the email to the Tasks icon, the task editing window pops up. Name your task, select the Start and Due date, turn on the Reminder and so on. Finally click Save & Close to save and close your task editor.
3. Go to Tasks section, you will see the email task. Open it, you can see the whole email message information.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoNice features but It's a shame that you have to use both outlook mail and outlook as your task management to use it. With the Beesy task manager, you can do it just sending a mail to a specific address mail and a task with the email content attached will appears in the Beesy app.