How to delete all emails which have same subject in Outlook?
You may receive multiple emails which have the same subject from other senders, and these emails are useless for you. If you want to clean up your inbox and remove these unwanted emails, how do you delete them at once?
- Delete all emails which have same subject with Rules
- Delete all emails which have same subject with Search function
- Delete all emails which have same subject with Kutools for Outlook
You can create a simple rule to delete all the emails that have the same subject, but after deleting, you need to turn off or delete the rule you have created, if you haven’t turn off the rule, when you receive this same subject messages next time, the emails will be moved to the Deleted Items folder automatically.
1. Select the email that you want to delete all emails with this subject.
2. Click Home > Rules > Create Rule, see screenshot:
3. And in the Create Rule dialog box, check Subject contains option, and the subject text is added automatically, then check Move the item to folder, and click Select Folder button to choose a folder to put the deleted emails. See screenshot:
4. Then click OK, and check Run this rule now on messages already in the current folder option in the prompt box.
5. Click OK, all the emails which contain the same subject have been moved to the Deleted Items folder.
6. After removing the emails, you need to go to the Manage Rules & Alerts to turn off the rule that you have created just now, you can select the rule item and click Delete to remove it, or uncheck the rule. And then click OK to close the dialog box. See screenshots:
You can also delete the emails contain the same subject by filtering them first with the Outlook Search function, and then delete.
1. Go to the Inbox folder under your account which you want to delete the emails with same subject.
2. Press Ctrl + E keys simultaneously to activate the Search Tools, and then click Search > Subject, see screenshot:
3. And now the search criteria subject:"keywords" has been inserted into the Instant Search box automatically. Please replace the keywords with the specified subject text you will remove emails by, and all the emails which have the same subject are listed in the mail list. See screenshot:
4. Click one email item and press Ctrl + A to select all the messages, and then right click to choose Delete from the context menu (or you can press the Delete key on the keyboard to delete them). See screenshot above:
And now all the filtered emails will be deleted from the specified mail folder in Outlook.
Here I will introduce you a handy tool-Kutools for Outlook,with this tool, you can quickly delete all emails which have same subject with several clicks.
If you have installed Kutools for Outlook, please do as following steps:
1. Go to the email folder and select the email that you want to delete all emails which contain the same subject.
3. In the By Sender dialog box, you can choose to delete All emails with the same subject directly, or delete all emails with the same subject in a certain Date Range, and click the Delete button. See screenshot:
(1) You can manually select emails for deleting in the By Sender dialog box;
(2) This tool is only applied in the current selected folder, excluding its subfolders.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.