How to block emails based on specific subject in Outlook?
You may get multiple emails a day which the subjects always include some common words or text in your Outlook, and these annoying emails can disturb your work. In this case, you need to find some useful ways to detect the incoming emails and block them based on specific subject text.
With Manage Rules & Alerts function in Outlook, you can create a rule to block the emails based on certain subject text, please do as following steps:
1. Click Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts under Home tab, see screenshot:
2. In the Rules & Alerts dialog box, click the New Rule button.
3. In the Rules Wizard, click Apply rule on message I receive under Start from a blank rule section, and then click the Next button. See screenshot:
4. In the second Rules Wizard, check the with specific words in the subject option in Step1, and click specific words hyperlink in Step2. Then the Search Text dialog box is popping up, enter the specific words in the text box that you want to block, click Add button to add the words into the Search list (When you repeat adding words, you will see the relationship among the words is “or”), and then click the OK button. Click the Next button to go ahead. See screenshot
6. In the third Rules Wizard, check move it to the specified folder under Step1, and then click specified hyperlink in Step2. In the popping out Rules and Alerts dialog box, choose the Junk E-mail folder that you want to move the incoming emails to, then click OK to return to the previous dialog and finally click the Next button. See screenshots:
7. In the fourth Rules Wizard, click the Next button directely without any selection.
8. Now you are getting into the last step, please specify a name for this rule, then click Finish. See screenshot:
9. Now you will see the rule is listed in the Rules and Alerts dialog box, click the OK button to finish the operation.
From now on, when you receive emails which subject contains any of the above specific text, they will be moved to the Junk E-mail folder automatically.
With the above method, you need to set the rule with patience, but here, I have a handy tool-Kutools for Outlook, with its Junk Email Filter, you can quickly block the emails with specific subject.
1. Click Kutools > Junk > Enable Junk Email Filter to turn on the Junk function.
2. Then select a message that you want to block emails by its subject, click Kutools > Junk > Block Subject. See screenshot:
3. Then a Search Text dialog box pops up, you can see the subject of selected email is displayed in the New Search Text box, please click the Add button and the OK button.
Note: You can remove or add subjects in the Search Text dialog box as your need. When you keep adding words in this Search Text dialog box, the relationship among the words will be “and”.
4. Now, a prompt box is popping out to remind you a new junk rule has been created. Click OK to close it.
Next time when you receive messages which subject contains the text you have specified, the emails will be considered as junk emails.
- How to add email addresses to safe senders list in Outlook?
- How to add senders address to blocked senders list in Outlook?
- How to add sender domain to blocked senders list in Outlook?
- How to add sender domain to safe senders list in Outlook?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.