How to add and remove meeting (required/optional/resource) attendees in Outlook
It is easy to add attendees when you are creating a new meeting. Occasionally, you may need to update an existing meeting and add more attendees. Either in new meeting request or updating existed meeting, this article will arrange you a guidance to add and remove required, optional, or resource meeting attendees at ease.
- Add meeting (required/optional/resource) attendees in Appointment page
- Add meeting (required/optional/resource) attendees in Scheduling page
- Delete meeting (required/optional/resource) attendees
Normally we create and edit meeting in the familiar Appointment page. And it is easy to add the required, optional, and resource attendees in the appointment page.
Step 1: Open the meeting window by one of following operations:
- Click Home > New item > Meeting to create a new meeting in Outlook 2010 / 2013;
- Click File > New > Meeting Request to create a new meeting in Outlook 2007;
- Double click an existing meeting in calendar to edit it.
Step 2: Enter the email addresses of meeting attendees in the To… box.
Sometimes you may not remember all attendees' email address, and enter them correctly in the To box. And for the sake of entering more kinds of attendees, you'd better go on following steps.
Step 3: Click the Address Book button in the Attendees group under the Meeting tab.
- Add Required Attendees: Select and highlight the email addresses you will add in the Address Book, and click the Required -> button;
- Add Optional Attendees: Select and highlight the email address in the Address Book, and click the Optional -> button at the bottom.
- Add Resources Attendees: Select and highlight the email address in the Address Book, and click the Resources -> button at the bottom.
Note: You can select as many as discontinuous email addresses with holding the Ctrl key and clicking then one by one; and select many continuous email addresses with holding the Shift key and clicking the first and the last one.
Step 5: Click the OK button in the Select Attendees and Resources: Contacts dialog box.
Step 6: Click Send button if you are creating new meeting, or Send Update button if you are editing an existing meeting.
In scheduling page, it is clear to view time arranged in detail in your calendar, and you can pick up the best time for meetings. There are a few differences from that in Appointment page to add attendees.
Step 1: Get into the Meeting window:
- Create new meeting in Outlook 2010 / 2013: click the Home > New Item > Meeting;
- Create new meeting in Outlook 2007: click the File > New > Meeting Request;
- Open existed meeting: double click the meeting in the calendar view.
Step 2: Click the Scheduling button in the Show group under the Meeting tab.
Step 3: Click the Add Others > Add from Address Book.
Step 4: Now you get into the Select Attendees and Resources: Contacts dialog box, you can do it same as Step 4 in the Appointment page.
Step 5: Click the Send button or Send Update button.
You can delete all or special meeting (required / optional / resource) attendees with following steps.
Step 1: In the Meeting window, click the Address Book button in the Attendees group under the Meeting tab.
Step 2: Select the special or all email addresses in the Required -> box, Optional -> box, or Resource -> box, and delete them.
Step 3: Click OK button.
Step 4: Click the Send button or Send Update button in the Meeting window.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoE-Sync Provides Commercial Security Systems including Biometric Attendance Machine, Alarm Controls. Fire alarm, burglar Alarm, Theft Alarm, Door Breakage Alarm, Smoke detector and more. These devices also controlled using smart apps. call: 044 6050 8010
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoThis website was how do you say it? Relevant!! ekeeddbbkcddkbbf
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoyou are in point of fact a just right webmaster. The site loading velocity is amazing. It sort of feels that you are doing any distinctive trick. Furthermore, The contents are masterpiece. you've performed a magnificent process in this subject! eeckaeadbddadaee