- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agoHi, Annie, you can change the color of category as you need, change them to the light color which can outstand the dark color text.
How to add more color categories in Outlook?
Normally you may label messages, tasks, or others with color categories in Outlook, which help you identify them from a mass of items at a glance, and group/filter them together with same color categories quickly. In addition to one color categories, you can add as many color categories as you need to one item. Here is an easy tutorial to add many color categories for one message, one task, one appointment, and one note, as well as create new color categories in Outlook.
The first section will show you how to add many color categories for a message, a task, an appointment, a contact, or a note rapidly in Outlook. Here we will take one message for example.
Step 1: Select the message that you will add many color categories for.
Step 2: Click the Home > Categorize > All Categories in the Tags group.
In addition to Categorize button in Home Ribbon, right clicking selected message > Categorize > All Categories is also available.
By the way, there is no Ribbon in Outlook 2007’s main interface. However, you can find out the Categorize button in the toolbar.
Step 3: Check the color categories that you will add to the selected message together.
Step 4: Click OK.
Step 5 (Optional): If you use the Category feature for the first time, it will ask you for renaming categories. You can rename categories according to your needs.
Then all of checked color categories are added to the selected message together, and show in the color lump, reading pane of related message, and related message window as well.
Current existing color categories may not enough for your categorizing. Right, this section is about how to create more new color categories in Outlook.
Step 1: Click the Categorize > All Categories in the Tags group under Home tab in Outlook 2010 / 2013; or click the Categorize button in the toolbar in Outlook 2007.
Note: The Categorize button is invalid until you select one message, one task, one appointment, one contact, or one note in Outlook.
Step 2: Click the New button in the Color Categories dialog box.
Step 3: In the Add New Category dialog box, enter a name in the Name: box, and pick out a color from the Color: box.
Step 4: Click OK button.
The new created color will list in Color Categories dialog box at once.
Note: If your Email account type is SMTP, for example the Gmail, you are not able to neither add color category for a message, nor create new color category. But it does not affect adding many color categories for tasks, appointments, contacts, and notes.
Save or Export Multiple emails to other fomat files(PDF/HTML/WORD/EXCEL) in Outlook
|Sometimes, you may want to save or export the emails to a folder as other format files, such as PDF, Word or Excel files in Outlook. In Outlook, neither of the Save as and Export function can handle this job. However, Kutools for Outlook's Bulk Save utility can export multiple emails to a folder as files with multiple formats at once time . Click for 45 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Outlook: with dozens of handy Outlook add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 45 days.|
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 10 months agoI don't like the dark colors for Category. They use too much ink when I print out my weekly schedule. The words are difficult to read against the dark colors. There are not enough colors for a decent selection.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHow to have brighter colors in the color category function???? All the color available is depressing.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoSorry，I do not know, either.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoI am using outlook without this function, do I need to pay for it?
And may I know how can I get the color catagory function? I really need this function.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoIf your account is SMTP, there is no catagory button.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoWhy are my New, Rename, Delete buttons grayed out? I can't add colors or name colors?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoIs there a way to add to the color palette? I need more than the 25 colors in the color palette. Thanks.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoI have this question too. Does anyone know a solution please?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agome too! I would love to be able to do this!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 7 months agome three! can't find this solution on google anywhere
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agoME FOUR!!!!! HELP SOMEONE HEEEEEEELLLLLPPPP!!!!!!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoCategories (and colors) do not work in Outlook 2016 with IMAP email settings per the very poor customer support I received the other day. They worked fine in Windows 7 and IMAP, but are not supported now. So the ‘custom’ system I had devised using Outlook and FileMaker to handle my monthly project Billings and task records is no longer any good. Although the rep did say at the end of our chat, that I had “no more worries”. WTF?!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoThis does NOT tell me how to add colors that aren't offered by microsoft. The color choices available in 2016 are hideous.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agolol this article in no way answers the question of "How to add more color categories in Outlook?"
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoin the article's defense, I don't believe it is even possible.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoI agree! We need more variety.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoWe just need access to the full color pallette rather than the fixed colors M$ are offering. You do wonder why they apply such a restriction, or is it sheer laziness?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agoHorrible colour choices, why not just provide a colour picker so we can select our own colour palate?