How to get or view the full/internet message headers in Outlook?
We can get and view an email message’s header above the message body easily when you are previewing the message or opening it in the Message window. See the following screen shot.
However, you can only get information of from, to, cc and subject in the common message header. Sometimes, more information of message header is required. As a result, you need to open the Internet Header. Here we will show you how to get and view the full / internet header in details in Microsoft Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
There are a couple of methods to view the full / Internet message header in Outlook.
Step 1: Open the message you will view its full / internet message header with double-clicking.
Step 2: Click the launcher at the bottom-right corner in the Tags group on the Message tab in Outlook 2010 and 2013.
If you are using the Outlook 2007, please click the launcher at the bottom-right corner in the Options group on the Message tab.
Then the Properties dialog box comes out, and you can get the full / internet headers at the bottom of this dialog box. See the following screen shot:
The alternative method works fine in Outlook 2010 and 2013, but not works in Outlook 2007.
Step 1: Double-click the message that you will view its full / internet header to open it.
Step 2: Please click the File > Info.
Step 3: Click the Properties button. See the following screen shot:
Then you will view the full / internet header at the bottom of popping up Properties dialog box immediately.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.