How to get or view the full/internet message headers in Outlook?
We can get and view an email message’s header above the message body easily when you are previewing the message or opening it in the Message window. See the following screen shot.
However, you can only get information of from, to, cc and subject in the common message header. Sometimes, more information of message header is required. As a result, you need to open the Internet Header. Here we will show you how to get and view the full / internet header in details in Microsoft Outlook.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
There are a couple of methods to view the full / Internet message header in Outlook.
Step 1: Open the message you will view its full / internet message header with double-clicking.
Step 2: Click the launcher at the bottom-right corner in the Tags group on the Message tab in Outlook 2010 and 2013.
If you are using the Outlook 2007, please click the launcher at the bottom-right corner in the Options group on the Message tab.
Then the Properties dialog box comes out, and you can get the full / internet headers at the bottom of this dialog box. See the following screen shot:
The alternative method works fine in Outlook 2010 and 2013, but not works in Outlook 2007.
Step 1: Double-click the message that you will view its full / internet header to open it.
Step 2: Please click the File > Info.
Step 3: Click the Properties button. See the following screen shot:
Then you will view the full / internet header at the bottom of popping up Properties dialog box immediately.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.