How to import and merge calendars in Outlook?
It is easy to view multiple calendars in overlay mode in Outlook. But how to merge these calendars into one? And what if import other calendars into your Microsoft Outlook, and merge it with the original one in your Microsoft Outlook? This article will walk you through them in details.
For the sake of understanding easily, I will mark all appointments with green category in the original calendar (Calendar), and mark all appointments with red category in the calendar (Ta-Kelly) that will be merged.
This part will walk you through merging calendars that both are in your Microsoft Outlook already.
Step 1: Shift to the Calendar view with clicking the Calendar in the Navigation Pane.
Step 2: Change the view mode:
- In Outlook 2010/2013/2016, please click the Change View > List on the View tab.
- In Outlook 2007, please click the View > Current View > All Appointments.
Step 3: Click the Calendar of Ta-Kelly in the Navigation pane, and then select all appointments in it.
1. You can select all appointment with pressing the Ctrl key and A key simultaneously.
2. You can select all appointments with holding the Shift key and clicking the first appointment and the last one.
Step 4: Right click the selected appointments, and click the Copy in the right-clicking menu.
Step 5: Shift to the original Calendar with clicking the Calendar in the Navigation pane. And then paste the copied appointments into it with pressing the Ctrl key and V key simultaneously.
Step 6: Shift to the view mode of Calendar:
- In Outlook 2010/2013/2016, please click the Change View > Calendar on the View tab.
- In Outlook 2007, please click the View > Current View > Calendar.
Then the calendar of Ta-Kelly is merged into the original calendar. See the following screen shot:
By the way, the merged calendar of Ta-Kelly is still in Microsoft Outlook, you can remove it according to your needs.
And this part is about how to import a calendar, and merge it with the original calendar in Microsoft Outlook.
Note: Before you import a calendar into Microsoft Outlook, you need an existing Outlook .pst file of calendar data. Click to know how to export a calendar as an Outlook .pst file in Outlook.
Step 1: Open the Import and Export dialog box:
- In outlook 2007, please click the File > Import and Export.
- In Outlook 2010, please click the File > Open > Import.
- In Outlook 2013/2016, please click the File > Open & Export > Import / Export.
Step 2: In the Import and Export Wizard dialog box, please select Import from another program or file in the Choose an action to perform: box, and then click the Next button.
Step 3: In the Import a File dialog box, please select the Outlook Data File (.pst), and then click the Next button.
Step 4: In the Import Outlook Data File dialog box:
- Click the Browse button, and select the calendar file that you will import in the Open Outlook data files dialog box, and click the Open button.
- Check the Do not import duplicate option.
- Click the Next button.
Step 5: In the Import Outlook Data File dialog box,
- Select and highlight the folder to import from, and in our case, please click the Calendar.
- Uncheck the Include Sub folders option.
- Check the Import items into the same folder in: option, and then select an email account in the following box.
Step 6: Click the Finish button.
Then all of imported calendar data has been added into the original calendar in Microsoft Outlook. See the following screen shot:
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.