How to collapse or expand all groups in Outlook?
For many Outlook users, their inbox messages are too crowded to pick up a certain message that received at a certain time. So most of them would like to keep all the messages collapsed for a clean view in Outlook interface. After collapsing, you can easily expand them all back to the last view you have changed before. Please look at the following tutorial for how to collapse or expand all groups in Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016.
With the following shortcut keys, you can easily collapse or expand all groups.
1. For expanding all groups, hold on the Ctrl key and then press + sign on the number keyboard.
2. For collapsing all groups, you can press Ctrl and – sign on the number keyboard. After pressing “Ctrl -” to collapse all groups, you can see the result as following screenshot shows:
Note: You should remember, the sign “-”and ”+” must on the number keyboard.
For Outlook 2010 and 2013, if you just want to temporally collapse or expand a single group or all groups at once in Outlook, please do as follows.
1. If you want to collapse or expand a single group per time, you need to select this group and then click View > Expand/Collapse > Collapse This Group or Expand This Group. See screenshot:
And only the selected single group will be collapsed or expanded.
2. For collapsing or expanding all groups, please click View > Expand/Collapse > Collapse All Groups or Expand All Groups.
And then all the groups in the mail listing will be collapsed or expanded.
In Outlook 2007, please click View > Expand/Collapse Groups, and then choose the options that you want to do from the expanded list.
If you want to collapse or expand all groups or conversations by default in Outlook, you can change the default collapse / expand state of groups as follows:
1. In Outlook 2007, please click View > Current View > Customize Current View. See screenshot:
In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click View tab, and then click View Settings in the Current View group.
3. In the following popping up dialog, in Outlook 2007, it is named Customize View: Messages; in Outlook 2010 and 2013, it is called Advanced View Settings: Hide Message Marked for Deletion. In that dialog, click Group By. See screenshot:
4. If you want to open the Outlook with all groups expanded by default, please select All Expanded in the Group By dialog under Expand/collapse defaults. If not, select the other one.
5. And then click OK to close this dialog. When it returns to the previous dialog, please click OK again.
20+ Powerful Tools and Features for Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / Office 365:
Compatible with Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / Office 365 (32/64);
Compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 / 8 / 10, Windows Server 2003/2008, Citrix System and Windows Terminal (Remote Desktop) Server;
Free trial without feature limitation in 45 days!