How to insert vertical lines in Outlook?
It is definitely easy to separate message contents with horizontal lines or vertical lines in Microsoft Outlook. You can insert horizontal lines quickly with the Border > Horizontal line feature. But how about vertical lines? Actually there are also a couple of tricks to insert vertical lines in your email messages easily.
- Automate emailing with Auto CC/BCC, Auto Forward by rules; send Auto Reply (Out of Office) without requiring an exchange server...
- Get reminders like BCC Warning when replying to all while you're in the BCC list, and Remind When Missing Attachments for forgotten attachments...
- Improve email efficiency with Reply (All) With Attachments, Auto Add Greeting or Date & Time into Signature or Subject, Reply Multiple Emails...
- Streamline emailing with Recall Emails, Attachment Tools (Compress All, Auto Save All...), Remove Duplicates, and Quick Report...
The Shapes feature can help you draw a vertical line in your email messages easily. And you can do it as following:
Step 1: Create a new email message:
- In Outlook 2007, click the File > New > Mail Message.
- In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click the New Email button in the New group on the Home tab.
Step 2: Click the Shapes > Line in the Illustration group on the Insert tab.
Step 3: Now the cursor change to a cross , please click and drag to draw a vertical line with holding down the Shift key at the same time.
Then it draws a vertical line in your email messages at once. See the following screen shot:
There is another trick to insert vertical line with the Table feature.
Step 1: Insert a 1x1 Table with clicking the Table button in the Table group on the Insert Tab.
Step 2: Select this 1x1 Table, and change its width and height according to your needs.
Step 3: Go to the Paragraph group on the Format Text tab, and remove the bottom/top/left borders of this table with clicking the Border button > Bottom Border/ Top Border/ Left Border.
Then it keeps only the right border of this 1x1 Table, which looks like a vertical line in your email message.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.