How to insert timestamp or current date and time in Outlook?
Sometimes you may need to insert timestamp or current date and time in your email message, telling your recipients when you composed this message, or others. In this article we will provide you with two tricks to insert timestamp or current date and time in email messages quickly.
Insert timestamp or current date and time in messages with hot keys
Insert timestamp or current date and time in messages with Date & Time feature
Automatically insert timestamp as date signature with Kutools for Outlook
The easiest way to insert the timestamp or the current date and time is hot keys.
To insert current date in your email messages, please press the Alt + Shift + D keys at the same time.
To insert current time in your email messages, please press the Alt + Shift + T keys at the same time.
Note: The formats of inserted date and time with hot keys depend on the default date and time format in your Microsoft Outlook.
You can also insert timestamp or current date and time with the Time & Date feature in an email message quickly.
Step 1: Click the Date & Time button in the Text group on the Insert tab.
Step 2: In the Date and Time dialog box, select and highlight one date and time format in the Available formats: box, and then click the OK button.
It is optional to check the Update automatically option. If you check this option, the inserted date and time will updated automatically to the latest time before sending.
Then the timestamp or current date and time is inserted into your email message at once, with the format you specified in the Step 3.
Here I will show you a handy add-in - Kutools for Outlook, its Add date signature utility can auto insert current date and time as signature in your new created email. Please do as follows.
1. Click Kutools > Options. See screenshot:
2. In the Options dialog box, go to the New tab, and check the Add date signature when new email box, compose your date signature in the blank box, and finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
- 1. You can click the Date Format button to customize the date/datetime format based on your needs.
- 2. The<<DateTime >> in the box indicates the current date and time will be inserted as signature in your email body. And the <<Date>> means only insert the current date.
- From now on, when you create an email message or reply to, forward an email message in your Outlook, the date signature will be added automatically in the email body.
- 3. If you want to insert current date into the subject line when creating new email, please check the Add date into subject when new email box in the Options dialog box.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.