How to find out old email messages in Outlook?
Normally messages are arranged and grouped by date, and the messages that you received one month ago will be grouped in the Older group. However, it is tough to find out email messages that are older than specified time, for example messages older than 3 months. Of course you can sort all email messages by received date, and then get old email messages. But here we will introduce you an easier way to find out and group old email messages, and update the grouping of old email messages every day automatically.
The following step-by-step tutorial will help you create a search folder and group all messages that are older than your specified period.
1. Open the New Search Folder dialog box as right screenshot shown:
A. In Outlook 2007, please click the File > New > Search Folder.
B. In Outlook 2010/2013/2016, please click the Folder > New Search Folder.
2. In the New Search Folder dialog box, select and highlight the Old mail in the Select a search Folder: box. And then select an email account in the Search mail in drop-down box.
By default, it will group messages older than one week into the new created search folder. If this default condition “older than one week” meets your needs, please click the OK to finish the setting.
If you want to modify the definition of old time, please go on to the following steps.
3. In the Customize search Folder: section, click the Choose button.
4. In the Old Mail dialog box, please definite the old time according to your needs.
In our case, we enter 1 in the first box, and select the month(s) in the second box. That’s meaning it will group all messages older than 1 month.
5. Click the OK buttons in each dialog box.
Then you will find a new search folder is created and added into the Navigation Pane, and the new folder’s name is based on your definition of old time.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.