How to attach original message when replying in Outlook?
Normally original messages are remained behind new message when you are replying in Microsoft Outlook. In some cases, the old messages in a conversation may be so many that they may puzzle recipients. Therefore, you'd better to delete these old messages from the new message, or alternatively reserve original messages as an attachment while replying. Here we will show you how to attach original messages as an attachment when replying in Microsoft Outlook easily.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
This section will guide you to automatically attach original email message when you are replying in Microsoft Outlook easily.
1. Click the File > Options.
2.: In the Outlook Options dialog box, click the Mail in the left bar.
3. Go to the Replies and forwards section, click the When replying to a message: box, and select the Attach original message. See the following screen shot:
Note: If you are using Outlook 2007, please click the Tools > Options to open the Options dialog box. and then click the E-mail Options button on the Preferences tab, next in the E-mail Options dialog box click the When replying to a message box, and select the Attach original message. See below screenshot:
4. Click the OK button to exit the dialog box.
From now on, the original email message will be added as an attachment automatically when you replying an email message.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.