How to disable replying in Reading Pane in Outlook?
Normally when you reply an email message in Outlook 2010 and 2007, the RE: Message window will pop out in a new window automatically. However, in Outlook 2013 the RE: Message window is embedded in the Reading Pane automatically when replying or forwarding. In this article, we will talk about how to disable replying in the Reading Pane, and release the RE: Message window in Outlook 2013.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
When you are replying an email messages in Outlook 2013, the RE: Message window is embedded in the Reading Pane by default.
If you want to release the RE: Message window, just click the Pop Out button at the upper-left corner of embedded window. See screen shot:
This section will guide you to configure the message options, and disable replying in Reading Pane for all email messages in Outlook 2013.
Step 1: Click the File > Options.
Step 2: In the Outlook Options dialog box, click the Mail in the left bar.
Step 3: Go to the Replies and forwards section, and check the option of Open replies and forward in a new window.
Step 4: Click the OK button.
From now on, the RE: Message window will pop out automatically as a new window when you are replying or forwarding an email message in Microsoft Outlook 2013.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.