How to change default reminder time of all-day events in Outlook?
Normally, the default reminder time of all-day event is 18 hours in Outlook 2007/2010 and 0.5 day in Outlook 2013. Sometimes, the default reminder time of all-day event may not agree with your work schedule. Here we will introduce the way to change the default reminder time of all-day events in Microsoft Outlook.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
The following steps will guide you to change the default reminder time of an all-day event in Microsoft Outlook.
Step 1: Create a new all-day event:
- In Microsoft Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click the New Item > Appointment on the Home tab;
- In Microsoft Outlook 2007, please click the File > New > Appointment.
Step 2: In the Appointment window, check the option of All day event behind the Start Time filed. See screen shot:
Step 3: Go to the Options group on the Event tab, and click the Reminder: box and specify a new reminder time from the drop down list.
Step 4: Compose this all-day event and click the Save & Close button.
The following VBA macro will help you change the default reminder time of all-day events in Microsoft Outlook 2013 easily.
Step 1: Open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window with pressing the Alt + F11 keys at the same time.
Step 2: In the left pane, expand the Microsoft Outlook Objects, and paste the following VBA macro into the ThisOutlookSession.
VBA: Change default reminder time of All-day events in Outlook 2013
Private WithEvents g_Items As Outlook.Items Private Sub Application_Startup() Dim Ns As Outlook.NameSpace Set Ns = Application.GetNamespace("MAPI") Set g_Items = Ns.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar).Items End Sub Private Sub g_Items_ItemAdd(ByVal Item As Object) On Error Resume Next Dim aAptItem As Outlook.AppointmentItem If TypeOf Item Is Outlook.AppointmentItem Then Set aAptItem = Item aAptItem.ReminderMinutesBeforeStart = 360 aAptItem.Save End If End Sub
Note: The number of 360 means default reminder time of 360 minutes, and you can change it as you need.
Step 3: Save the VBA macro, and restart your Microsoft Outlook 2013.
Note: This VBA macro not only works for All-day Events, but also change the default reminder time of appointments and meetings in Outlook 2013.
From now on, when you create a new All-day Event in Microsoft Outlook, its reminder time will change to 6 hours automatically after saving.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.