Outlook: automatically attach files in new message
Let’s say you want to attach your company’s profile in all of new created email messages automatically in Microsoft Outlook, how do you deal with it? There are two tricky methods to help you automatically attach files in new messages in Microsoft Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
This method will guide you to create a new template with an attachment, and then apply this template. It will automatically attach the specified file when you are applying this customized template in Microsoft Outlook.
- Part 1: Create a new template with attachments in Outlook
- Part 2: Apply this template in future in Outlook
- In Outlook 2007, please click the File > New > Mail Message.
- In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click the New Email button on the Home tab.
Step 2: In the Message window, attach files with clicking the Insert > Attach File, then in the Insert File dialog box, selecting the specified files and clicking the Insert button.
Step 3: Click the File > Save As in the Message window. (If you are using Outlook 2007, please click the Office button at the upper-left corner > Save As > Save As.)
Step 4: In the Save As dialog box,
- Enter a name for the new template in the File name: box;
- Click the Save as type: box, and select the Outlook Template in the drop down menu;
- Click the Save button.
Note: The template will be automatically saved to the Outlook Template folder if you select Outlook Template from the Save as type drop down list.
Step 5: Close current composing email message.
The specific template has been created, and you can apply it if you want to automatically attach the file in your new email message. You can do it as following:
- In Outlook 2007, click the File > New > Choose Form.
- In Outlook 2010 and 2013, click the New Items > More Items > Choose Form.
Step 7: In the Choose Form dialog box:
- Click the Look in: box, and select the User Templates in File System from the drop down list;
- Click to highlight the customized template in the template list;
- Click the Open button.
Then a new email message is created with attaching the specified file at once.
Step 8: Compose the new email message, and click the Send button.
There is a trick to automatically attach files in new messages with VBA macro in Microsoft Outlook.
Step 1: Press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
Step 2: Click the Insert > Module.
Step 3: Paste the following code into the new module window.
Sub NewMessageWithAttachment() Dim oMsg As Outlook.MailItem Set oMsg = Application.CreateItem(olMailItem) With oMsg .Attachments.Add "C:\Attachment.doc" .Display End With End Sub
Step 4: Change the saving path of attachment in the code according to your needs.
For example, if the file you want to attach named “Office Tab” and the file extension is “.docx”, and its saving path is C:\Users\username\Desktop, please replace the “C:\Attachment.doc” with "C:\Users\username\Desktop\Office Tab.docx" in the code.
Step 5: Press F5 key to run this VBA macro.
Then you will see a new email message is created with attaching the specified file at once.
Step 6: Compose the new email message, and click the Send button.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agohow to add an attachment in automatic reply in outlook
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agohow can I attache file automatically from some shared location and send schedule them to b sent in everymonth and on a specific date
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoInstead of creating new email how to use email template and attach files automatically. pls can you suggest the VBA code for this?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agois there any particular way i can send mails to a particular mail id attaching files automatically from a folder. I want the whole process to be done automatically once the mail id and folder is set set. Its gonna be heaven if that's possible as my job pressure can be reduced at least a bit by the same.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agois there any way i can send mails to a particular mail id attaching files from a particular folder in my pc automatically