- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHi Carl，
You are right. When you view the email in other browser, such as PDF browser, or IE browser, you can print with shrinking as you need.
How to shrink and fit to pages when printing in Outlook?
In Excel, you can apply the feature of Fit all columns/rows on One Page to save printing paper. However, it is hard to shrink email message content and make the content fit to printing pagers. Here we will introduce a curve trick to shrink overflowing message content and fit to pages when printing in Microsoft Outlook.
- Shrink and fit to pages when printing in Outlook
- Shrink and fit to pages when printing in Outlook with Kutools for Outlook
To shrink message content and make it fit to pages when printing, please do in Microsoft Outlook as following steps:
1. Open a mail folder in the Navigation Pane, and open the email message that you will print later with double-clicking.
2. Click the Actions (or Other Actions in Outlook 2007) > View in Browser.
If the email message is plain text or rich text, you need to convert it to the HTML format before carrying out the Step. You can convert the email message to the HTML format:
A. In Outlook 2010 or later versions, click the Message > Actions > Edit Message, then click the Format Text > HTML;
B. In Outlook 2007, click the Message > Other Actions > Edit Message, and then click the Options > HTML.
Note: It’s optional to save the changes and then close the message.
3. Then a warning dialog box comes out. Please click the OK button in it.
4. Then the content of this email message displays in the Browser. In our example, it shows in the IE browser. Please click the File > Print Preview.
5. Then you will see the Shrink To Fit in the Print Preview dialog box.
If you want to shrink the message content, please click the Shrink To Fit, and select a suitable percentage from the drop down list.
6. Click the Print button at the top to print this email message.
If you have Kutools for Outlook installed, you can apply its Advanced Print feature to quickly shrink an email and print it with fitting to pages in Outlook.
1. Open the mail folder containing the specified email you will print, select this email, and click Kutools Plus > Advanced Print. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Advanced Print dialog box, please click the Preview button. See screenshot:
Note: This Advanced Print feature supports to print an email without its message header. If need, please uncheck the Item header option in above Advanced Print dialog box. Click for full features 60-day free download of this tool.
4. In the opening Print dialog box, please specify a printer, and click the Print button.
So far, the selected email has been shrinked and printed with fitting to pages.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoI found another workaround - If you print as a PDF - save the PDF file and print that PDF the graphics are resized to fit on the page... CEJ
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoFrank,
This is not a different application, it is a plugin for outlook. What is really terrible is that Microsoft decided they wouldn't include this necessary feature into the program.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoThis works. But it is terrible. Why should I have to open the message in a different application just to get the shrink to fit option?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoWow, it works...great advice. thank you so much :lol:
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoThank you for this great step-by-illustrated-step tutorial.
It is perfect, and very understandable.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoGreat advice!!! This totally helped. Keep up the good work.