How to remove the default data file in Outlook?
Normally we can remove any data file with selecting and clicking the Remove button in the Account Settings dialog box. However, when you remove the default data file, it will pop up a warning dialog box to remind you it can’t be removed. See screen shot:
In this article, I will show you how to easily remove the default data file from Microsoft Outlook in a short time.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
Step 1: Open the Account Settings dialog box,
- In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click the File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings.
- In Outlook 2007, please click the Tools > Account Settings.
Step 2: In the Account Settings dialog box, change the default data file:
(1) Go to the Data Files tab;
(2) Click to select another data file except the default data file;
(3) Click the Set as Default button. See screen shot:
Note: Please do not select the data files of Gmail that sets as IMAP/SMAP email account.
Step 3: In the popping up Mail Delivery Location dialog box, please click the OK button.
Step 4: Remove original default data file with clicking to select the original default data file, and clicking the Remove button.
Step 5: In the popping up dialog box, please click the Yes button.
Step 6: Click the Close button to exit the Account Settings dialog box.
Then the original default data file is removed from your Microsoft Outlook.
Note: You can’t remove the data file of an exchange account even it’s not the default data file, until you remove the exchange account on the E-mail tab in the Account Setting dialog box.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.