How to clear or remove recent search history (search cache) in Outlook?
Have you ever noticed that when you typing keywords in the Instant Search box for searching, after finishing searching, all keywords you have typed are stored and listed in the Recent Searches drop-down list automatically as below screenshot shown? This article will introduce the solutions of clearing or removing this recent search history list.
- Clear or remove recent search history or search cache in Outlook
- Clear recent search history with Kutools for Outlook
You can clear or remove the records of recent search history as follows.
1. On the desktop, press Win + R keys simultaneously to open the Run dialog box.
2. In the Run dialog box, type regedit in the Open box, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. In the popping up User Account Control dialog box, please click the Yes button to go ahead.
4. Now the Registry Editor window opens. Please successively expand the key with one of below paths based on your Outlook version:
Outlook 2016/2013: HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Office > 16.0 for Outlook 2016 or 15.0 for Outlook 2013 > Outlook > Profiles > profile name > 0a0d020000000000c000000000000046.
Outlook 2010/2007: HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Windows NT > CurrentVersion > Windows Messaging Subsystem > Profiles > 0a0d020000000000c000000000000046.
Note: By default, the profile name is called Outlook if you haven’t changed your Outlook mail profile name. If you have changed it, please replace the profile name with the name you have used to change.
5. Now right click the 101f0445 key in the right window, and select Delete from the context menu. See screenshot:
6. The Confirm Value Delete dialog box comes out, please click the Yes button to go ahead.
7. Please restart your Microsoft Outlook. And now you will see the Recent Searches drop-down list is empty. See screenshot:
If you have Kutools for Outlook installed, its Clear Search History feature can help you quickly remove all recent search cache with several clicks only in Outlook.
1. Click Kutools > Search > Clear Search History.
2. A Kutools for Outlook dialog will pop out and ask you to reconfirm. Please click the OK button to go ahead.
3. A second Kutools for Outlook pops out and reminds you to restart Outlook. Please click the OK button to close it, and then restart your Outlook.
And now you will see all recent search history are removed immediately.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.