How to prevent capitalizing first letter in Outlook?
By default, when you starting a sentence in Outlook, the first letter of this sentence will be capitalized automatically. Sometimes you want to keep the first letter in the lower case status for some usage. In this article, we will introduce you about how to prevent capitalizing first letter in Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
You can prevent capitalizing first letter in Outlook with turning off the capitalizing first letter function.
1. Please click File > Options in Outlook 2010 and 2013.
In outlook 2007, please click Tools > Options. See screenshot:
2. In Outlook Options dialog box, select Mail in the left pane, then go to the Compose messages section, click Spelling and Autocorrect button. See screenshot:
In Outlook 2007, in the Options dialog box, please click Spelling tab, and then click the spelling and AutoCorrection button.
3. When the Editor Options dialog popping up, please click Proofing in the left bar, then click the AutoCorrect Options button in the AutoCorrect options section.
4. In the AutoCorrect dialog box, under AutoCorrect tab, please do the following operations as you need:
1). Uncheck the Capitalize first letter of sentences box if you want to disable the capitalized function for the first letter of sentences ;
2). Uncheck the Capitalize first letter if table cells box if you don’t need the first letters to be capitalized in tables;
3). Uncheck the Capitalize names if day box if you need to prevent the first letter from capitalizing of the day names.
5. Then click OK button.
6. Click the OK buttons in the following dialog boxes to finish the whole settings.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.