How to search all folders by default instead of current folder in Outlook?
By default, Outlook searches emails in the current folder which you are locating. For many cases, you want to search all folders at the same time instead of just searching the current folder, then you need to manually select the All Mail Items under Search tab. Actually in Outlook, you can configure all folders to be searched at once by default. Please do as the following tutorial shows.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
In Outlook 2010 and 2013, you can search the items in all folders by default with following steps.
1. Please click File > Options. See screenshot:
2. In the Outlook Options dialog box, please click Search in the left bar, then go to the Result section, check the All folders option.
3. Click OK button
Then when you start search emails, it will be searched in all mail folders automatically.
In Outlook 2007, please do as follows.
1. Please click Tools > Options.
2. In the Options dialog box, please click the Search Options button under Preferences tab. See screenshot:
3. When the Search Options dialog box popping up, please go to the Instant Search Pane section, and then check the All folders option. Finally click OK button.
4. When it returns to the Options dialog box, please click OK button to finish the whole settings.
Then when you start searching emails, you can see the emails are search in All Mail Items.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.