How to disable subscribing to IMAP folders in Outlook?
By default all IMAP folders are added and subscribed into Microsoft Outlook when you add an IMAP email account. In some cases, you may not want to subscribe and update your private IMAP folder in Outlook. In this article, I will show you how to disable subscribing to a specified IMAP folder in Outlook easily.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
To disable subscribing to IMAP folders in Microsoft Outlook, please do as following:
Step 1: Shift to the Mail view, and click one IMAP folder you will disable subscribing to in the Navigation Pane.
Step 2: Click the IMAP folders button on the Folder tab. See screen shot:
Note: If you are using Outlook 2007, please click the Tools > IMAP Folders.
Step 3: In the popping up IMAP folders dialog box, click the Query button.
Step 4: Click to highlight the IMAP folder you will disable subscribing on the Subscribed tab, click the Unsubscribe button, and then click the OK button to exit this dialog box. See screen shot:
Then you will notice although the specified IMAP folder remains on the Navigation Pane, it has stopped subscribing in your Microsoft Outlook.
Note: If you want to subscribe to a specified IMAP folder which you have disabled subscribing before, please get into the IMAP Folders dialog box firstly, secondly click the Query button, next click to highlight the IMAP folder on the All tab, then click the Subscribe button.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.