How to auto remove meeting responses/acceptances in Outlook?
If you need to remove all meeting responses from a specified mail folder in Microsoft Outlook, how do you deal with it? Of course you can remove them one by one, but it hears quite onerous. Here I will introduce a tricky way to automatically remove all meeting responses with a rule in Microsoft Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Here we will guide you to create a rule and then remove all meeting responses from a specified mail folder automatically in Microsoft Outlook. You can do it as following:
Step 1: Shift to the Mail view, and open the mail folder that you will remove all meeting responses automatically from.
Step 2: Click the Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts on the Home tab.
Note: If you are using Outlook 2007, please click the Tools > Rules & Alerts.
Step 3: In the Rules and Alerts dialog box, please click the New Rule button on the E-mail Rules tab.
Step 4: In the new Rules Wizard dialog box, click to highlight the Apply rule on messages I receive (or Check messages when they arrive in Outlook 2007), and then click the Next button. See screen shot below:
Step 5: In the second Rules Wizard dialog box, please check the option of use the form name form, and then click the text of form name. See screen shot:
Step 6: In the popping up Choose forms dialog box, see screen shot below:
(1) Click the Personal Forms box, and select the Application Forms from the drop down list;
(2) Click to highlight the form name of Accept Meeting Response in the form name list;
(3) Click the Add button.
(4) Repeat the above (2) and (3) operations to add the form of Decline Meeting Response and the form of Tentative Meeting Response into the Selected Forms box.
(5) Click the Close button to exit this dialog box.
Note: If you need to only remove one kind of meeting responses, such as the meeting acceptance, please add only the Accept Meeting Response into the Selected Forms.
Step 7: After clicking the Next button in the second Rules Wizard dialog box, you will get into the third one. Please check the option of delete it and then click the Next button in the third dialog box.
Note: Apart from deleting these meeting responses, you can move meeting responses to a specified folder. If so, please check the option of move it to the specified folder, and then specify a folder with clicking the text of specified in the Step 7.
Step 8: Click the Next button in the fourth Rules Wizard dialog box, and then in the last Rules Wizard dialog box you need to:
(1) Enter a name for this rule in the Step 1: Specify a name for this rule box;
(2) Check the option of Rule this rule now on messages already in “your folder name”;
(3) Click the Finish button.
Step 9: Click the OK button to close the Rules and Alerts dialog box.
After running this custom rule in the opened mail folder, all meeting responses including accepted meeting responses, declined meeting responses, and tentative meeting responses are deleted in a minute.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agoYou guys always save the day!!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months agoany powershell version of this?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agoGreat thanks, hope this will make my inbox more manageable.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThank you. My previous rule was stating that the item was moved when it was an "invite", but that did not work correctly. This one works better and great you have an option to also specify a decline or accept. I use it for moving the notifications, but then you can also use it to delete a notification.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agothis is wonderful...de-clutters my inbox. I have been trying to set up a rule for this since some time now, but was not using the uses the form name form template. thanks.